785D and trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsudol

Does anyone have a good set of instructions to setup trunk scanning on a 785d scanner. The user manual is horrible. I have the id lists created and the frequencies defined, but i cant get it into trunk scanning mode, conventional works great. Any one.

Highpockets

rsudol said:
Does anyone have a good set of instructions to setup trunk scanning on a 785d scanner. The user manual is horrible. I have the id lists created and the frequencies defined, but i cant get it into trunk scanning mode, conventional works great. Any one.

Hit menu
Scan Option - E
Trunk - E
Pick bank you want system in (use vfo knob) - E

Trunk type - E
On - E

Enter frequencies and id's, delay, in the same menu

Last edited:

rsudol

785d

Everything is programmed already. when i do an id scan all i get is the bank scan and i dont here traffic. i cant even figure out how to manually pull up a specific id. I know its programmed because hit or miss i get into the mode once every like week.

Highpockets

rsudol said:
Everything is programmed already. when i do an id scan all i get is the bank scan and i dont here traffic. i cant even figure out how to manually pull up a specific id. I know its programmed because hit or miss i get into the mode once every like week.

When you hit scan, what do you see on the screen? You should see

ID Scan
(Frequency) (mode) Signal meter
List (active lists)

rsudol

all i see when i hit scan is
ID Scan
Bank (active banks)

Highpockets

rsudol said:
all i see when i hit scan is
ID Scan
Bank (active banks)

While your scanning, hit hold button, enter the channel number of the first frequency in that trunked system, hit hold again, to the left of the channel number do you see a letter like M or E to let you know it is programed as a trunked system.

rsudol

It shows M. But what im not sure on is how to get it back to list mode, so i can use the vfo to go thru the list manually.

Highpockets

rsudol said:
It shows M. But what im not sure on is how to get it back to list mode, so i can use the vfo to go thru the list manually.

Not sure what you want, but, while scanning that system, hit hold, it should hold on an id, use the vfo to go through the id's, set it on the one you want to listen to.

rsudol

ok ill have to give it a try
it used to work when i turned on the scanner. while scanning it would flip between bank and list on the display, now all i see is bank.

Highpockets

rsudol said:
it used to work when i turned on the scanner. while scanning it would flip between bank and list on the display, now all i see is bank.

If I have 4 active banks, 3 conventional 1 trunked, mine goes back and forth also, when conventional it shows banks, when on trunked it shows lists. Sorry I can't help more. Good Luck, just for kicks what system are you listening to, state, county, city, system?

Highpockets

rsudol said:

When I hit id search, it shows just bank, are you hitting scan, or search?

rsudol

i hit both scan and search and seem to have trouble. ill futz with it more. Thanks.

I am scanning a county/local trunked motorola type II network.

Highpockets

rsudol said:
i hit both scan and search and seem to have trouble. ill futz with it more. Thanks.

I am scanning a county/local trunked motorola type II network.

I was fooling with my scanner, I think I know what you want now, while your scanning that trunked system, hit the period key ( . ) it switches between the list and bank line display.

Status
Not open for further replies.