• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

''800 MHZ Simplex Freq.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCG-FL

Hi all, I need help with 800 mhz simplex channels to use for neighbor hood watch in my area. What freq. can i use or do i need to contact a freq, coordinator for Licensing? Please help, thanks.

Be safe guys......

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Um.... FRS is your best bet along with GMRS. No need for 800....

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I agree, further more I don't think the general public is allowed to utilize the 800MHz split. Try the UHF or VHF business bands, if you really want to spend money for licensing and radios..

n5ims

Check with your local PD to see if they have a talkgroup for neighborhood watch programs to use. I see one for "Eyewatch (Citizens On Patrol)" on one system in your area that may work for you. There may be some necessary training and most certainly strict usage rules but if it's for actual neighborhood watch use and not just yacking while on patrol it may be possible. It may also require the neighborhood watch group be something more formal than just a group of neighbors helping out as they see fit.

The advantage of a frequency like that is you'd be talking directly to the PD comm center when you report an incident. It would save time and trouble having to coordinate with the other neighborhood watch folks using one mode (like a radio) and 911 using another mode (like a cell phone).

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Hi all, I need help with 800 mhz simplex channels to use for neighbor hood watch in my area. What freq. can i use or do i need to contact a freq, coordinator for Licensing?

Um... Who's asking? See all the previous posts for clarification of the problem.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Hi all, I need help with 800 mhz simplex channels to use for neighbor hood watch in my area. What freq. can i use or do i need to contact a freq, coordinator for Licensing? Please help, thanks.

Be safe guys......

If this is a community sponsored activity and you want it licensed it will have to be in 450MHz. There are no non-licensed frequencies in the 800 spectrum for general use and the FCC won't license simplex only in the General Category 800 spectrum. It has to be a pair and that is how you have to construct it.

reedeb

I know here in Texas they have NPSPAC frequencies [850mhz] that are simplex. I think in FLA they might have them as well [not sure] I would check with the Police in your area and check it out. They may or may not want you on these frequencies and may have to go to your own system.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I know here in Texas they have NPSPAC frequencies [850mhz] that are simplex. I think in FLA they might have them as well [not sure] I would check with the Police in your area and check it out. They may or may not want you on these frequencies and may have to go to your own system.

Unless the licensee is a local public safety agency, a community crime watch cannot license in the NPSPAC spectrum by itself. Yes we have simplex frequencies available and licensed in FL, but there are a number of restrictions to their utilization, to include geographic set in place by the Region.

There are plenty of splinter 450 frequencies available, which is what my HOA is utilizing for both FB2 and mobile.

prc117f

I would recommend the DTR 900mhz FHSS radios. confidentiality of communications and jam resistance in case if some disgruntled person decides to jam.

This happened at an HOA in sofla and they had a pissed off person keying up all the time and now they switched to the DTRs problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.