800mhz I tac frequencies vs U-tac and V-tac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

800mhz I tac frequencies are used here in Washington state. I haven't tried any of the U tac or V tac frequencies. I am programming my Radio shack Pro 163 with frequencies and trunked systems I don't have in my other radios, specifically my Radio shack Pro164 and GRE PSR 500.

charlieone

800mhz I tac frequencies are used here in Washington state. I haven't tried any of the U tac or V tac frequencies. I am programming my Radio shack Pro 163 with frequencies and trunked systems I don't have in my other radios, specifically my Radio shack Pro164 and GRE PSR 500.

I'm not sure if you're asking a question.

I've used I-tac before, but I've never used U or V-tac. Since the implementation of 800MHz trunked radios most places don't even have VHF or UHF equipment. This might change when everyone buys the new, fancy all-mode Motorola radios.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I've never heard any of the UHF ones used, but the VHF ones are used, mostly in the SW Washington and Eastern Washington areas. I've heard V-TAC 14 (159.4725) being used as a LE chat channel, and V-TAC 11 (151.1375) used on a major fire.

nd5y

A search of the FCC database will show who is licensed to use them.

Not necessarily. Anybody with a public saftety conventional or trunked license is licensed by rule to operate mobile stations on the national interoperability channels.

I don't know if this applies in WA but several other states have interoperability agreements that allow public safety users to operate under state licenses.

DickH

Not necessarily. Anybody with a public saftety conventional or trunked license is licensed by rule to operate mobile stations on the national interoperability channels.

I don't know if this applies in WA but several other states have interoperability agreements that allow public safety users to operate under state licenses.

A search of the two freqs. given shows that each has 13 licenses in WA, including a hospital, several counties and cities.

ecps92

Each state does vary on how they plan to handle Interop as well as the licenseing issues, so it will ultimately be tough to narrow down site locations [if any are permenant] vs Temp CP set-ups.

I would plug them in anyway [any new scanner has plenty of room]

nd5y

I should have added that searching for licenses will not tell you all of the users that you might hear on the interop channels.

DickH

I should have added that searching for licenses will not tell you all of the users that you might hear on the interop channels.

True. Perhaps you can tell the OP another way to find out who he might hear on those freqs. I believe that was his original question.

Status
Not open for further replies.