8d19

Status
Not open for further replies.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
I am receiving the federal UHF trunking system 8d19 again.(from central ky) The control ch. is 407.6125. This is the 4th time I have picked this system up in the last 8 to 10 months. Is anyone else in KY picking this up? Anyone have any idea who this is?

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I put it back in the scanner will listen and see if I hear it from the Lexington area... if you hear anything let me know I will check in every-so-often overnight...

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Its gone again. I picked it up for about 30 minutes and then all of a sudden it was just gone. Like someone turned the system off. I did get some trunker files from it this time.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard a thing but am probably too far north unless I can get on a hill... did you get enough to send in new info to add to the database? One of these days we'll get the lowdown on this one, too....

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
I am picking 8D19 back up again from Central KY. It is definately a Federal Prison. Just not sure which one. New info on this system is;
SYSID 8D19 CT 128.57 NAC 196

406.8125 v
407.6125 v
409.0125 v
409.4125 new CC
410.4125 v

SCPD

QRT
Federal Prison

I am receiving the federal UHF trunking system 8d19 again.(from central ky) The control ch. is 407.6125. This is the 4th time I have picked this system up in the last 8 to 10 months. Is anyone else in KY picking this up? Anyone have any idea who this is?

On 92, between Whitley City and Williamsburg, is a federal prison. Has anyone seen freqs for that prison listed anywhere? This unknown ID is listed on the McCreary County database here at RR, along with some of the counties that border McCreary County. Every time I see this ID mentioned, I wonder if that is what it is. And I think until I see other freqs posted for that prison, I'll keep wondering.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
I am pretty sure that I picked this system up on the way back from HHI this summer somewhere around the Williamsburg exit. I only receuved it a few minutes and it was gone,
We must have had a slight band opening this morning , I picked it up for about 30 minutes. It was all prison related traffic.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
8d19 is the US Penitentiary McCreary for sure, just can't get close enough to listen nor stay long enough where I can hear it, and not enough digital scanners close enough to listen.... Guess I need to get in there and clean up the extraneous counties. FCI Manchester in Clay County is difficult to monitor too far away because of the hilly terrain.... The same problem trying to monitor Manchester, not enough time to sit and listen and couldn't stay in the same spot because I was doing other stuff.... Anything new this morning, new CC or anything? Seems the Federal Prisons I monitor, the control channel changes daily and there are only four trunked freqs....

Status
Not open for further replies.