9.830 LSB

Has anyone been hearing what sounds like a steady data stream on 9.830 LSB. Very strong signal. 1500 UTC.

Token

Premium Subscriber
Without an audio example or a general area of the receiver you are using it is dificult to say with any certainty, however 9830 kHz c/f often has STANAG 4481 FSK. That might be a candidate for your data.

T!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There were a couple of logs on the UDXF last year that suggest this might be NAU Puerto Rico using NATO-75 cypher. In other words, not readable by the likes of us :.>>

Mike

Thanks for the reply guys, I haven't ever heard it before. Just happened to be out in the yard (central Iowa) with the Skywave (Ccrane) this morning. I wasn't really sure where to post the question , since it was right where broadcast SW is supposed to be. I know how that goes though ,in the SW bands "supposed" doesn't always mean much. Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We don't post by frequency range, but by the mode and intent; here, even tho it was in the 31mb, it was clearly digital, which is why it's here. But thanks for the interesting log anyhow. Sorry to see that it's what I like to call 'MCC' - Militarily Coded (you can fill in the rest)' ..heh

Mike