9 alarm fire Ocean City

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
9 alarm fire Ocean city started in Dough roller and has spread to Marty's Playland

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
Except for Ocean City units the last of the mutual aid company's have just cleared.

Dank

Just think of how different things would have been if that fire occurred during the week of the state firemens convention. They would have had unlimited resources in town and everyone would have wanted to see some action. It would have given the interop raiod freqs a real workout!

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
Heard on OC fire ch 2 the last fire department unit clearing at 12:40 this am. Fire investigators were still there along with one wagon with a line to the hydrant and a line stretched to the fire scene in case of a rekindle.

baydog

During this fire, from Rehoboth Beach I was able to copy the Delaware, Ocean City and Worcester TRS with my new PSR-500 and a Radio Shack 800 mz antenna. My BC 396 with an Austin Condor antenna only received the Worcester sporadically but did fine with the Delaware and OC systems

David

de784

Feed Provider
oc fire

there is also some good videos on youtube. under ocean city fire

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
QTH: Montgomery County, MD / Washington, DC
From reading The Watch Desk forums there was no damage to Tower 5. Looking at the pictures/videos the Tower had to be at least 8feet away from the flames. I have to say thats pretty AMAZING how there was no damage to Tower 5 not even blistering in the paint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.