911 Command??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoguy58

Any body have any idea as to what exactly would "911 Command' be? Heard several calls to "911 command" at the St Tammany fair. Would this be OEP or 911 dispatch. Any ideas. Was talkgroup 34500.

jim202

Any body have any idea as to what exactly would "911 Command' be? Heard several calls to "911 command" at the St Tammany fair. Would this be OEP or 911 dispatch. Any ideas. Was talkgroup 34500.

Did you ever think that it was the mobile command vehicle that is always brought to the fair?

With the new Sheriff now in office, I would expect to see and hear changes. A prime example of this is the change in the marking on all the sheriff's vehicles. All the red lettering and red stripe is gone and we now see blue lettering only.

Technoguy58

911 Command

I have no doubt that it was the mobile command center on site. I'm just wondering if this talk group was temporarily assigned to the command center OR if it is always going to be the mobile command center. I thought it odd that the call was for "911 command" and not "fair command" or "Covington command" or something like that. The 911 designation would seem to me to be a connection with the 911 center. That's why I asked if maybe somebody knew for sure what "911 command" is. Guess I did not make it clear. Thanks for input though.

jim202

I have no doubt that it was the mobile command center on site. I'm just wondering if this talk group was temporarily assigned to the command center OR if it is always going to be the mobile command center. I thought it odd that the call was for "911 command" and not "fair command" or "Covington command" or something like that. The 911 designation would seem to me to be a connection with the 911 center. That's why I asked if maybe somebody knew for sure what "911 command" is. Guess I did not make it clear. Thanks for input though.

There are a number of talkgroups that are set aside for events. They may have been using one of them. Then there are a number of Parish wide interop talkgroups that have been set up. I have not seen a list that shows talkgroup / use.

Given enough time you should start to hear some fire dept. talkgroups showing up other than Slidell.

Status
Not open for further replies.