98 Blazer I got lucky on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKolo

Removed the cassette deck and slid the Scanner right in, Used a piece of velcro to keep it from moving.
Yes the scanner is old and limited, But i only use it to listen to our Mutual Aid areas.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,678

fdscan

Wow... That really is lucky. How did you go about running the power/antenna lines and the antenna as well?

It's not a bad scanner, my family accidentally bought one so we just leave it running in the garage. I only have our FD, the town next door's FD, and FRS channel 7 because we commonly use it. Works out well.

It's a nice scanner, just a bit hard to program in my opinion. The cops here all have one in the squad cars, I think.

GKolo

I ran the power out the back and plug it into the outlet you can see on the right side of the picture, The antenna comes in the passenger door under the seat along the console and into the back.
Its not my dream scanner but it works.

DEPUTY11

i love those scanners cause they are compact enough where you can fit them somewhere in a vehicle and not take up alot of room.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've installed a number of radios in the GM cassette deck slots. They were as handy as heck if you could get someone that would give up their old mix tapes.
Nice job on that, looks good.

WX4EMT

Gary, if you decide to go with a bigger setup Mr. Parrot can bend you up a base and with just some scrap plywood and speaker box carpet you can do something like this:

13Mounted.jpg

My old Blazer is still running around E TN somewhere. PM me if you are interested, I'll give you the dimensions.

Keith

SCPD

QRT
The stock look the way he has it is way cooler!You could always do a remote head in that same spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.