996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lu81fitter

Thank you buddrousa! I have seen your posts in numerous threads here. You always have good insight on the topics I have seen. I am so glad I have found RR. There are so many things I have learned here they are too numerous to mention. I will be looking into the Proscan software soon. Thanks again.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded ProScan after updating my 996P2 for DMR. It read the radio just fine, but would not write any of my changes - or any existing systems - back to the scanner. I did try the option for wiping the scanner's memory prior to upload and no joy. I ended up restoring the scanner using FreeScan.

Any suggestions would be appreciated since I liked using ProScan.

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
Hello folks. I have a BCD996P2 and I am unsure what programming software to buy. I currently use ARC-96 for my RS Pro96 and I use the Whistler software for my WS1080. I like both software packages. Would I be better off with ARC-XT or would ProScan be a better choice? I did use the ARC-XT trial to attempt to program a BCD396XT for a friend and I didn't like it, but never had used the scanner before and didn't have much time to learn it. Also, is the 996 easier to use than the 396? Thanks.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Soon I will be buying a 996p2 and will most likely be getting the upgrade for DMR. Since I've used Freescan for my BCT15X, I cannot use it for my DMR programming on the p2. I will be interested in using Proscan software in the future. Where is the best place to download it and can I get it prior to my scanner purchase to make up the programming in advance and familiarize myself with its operation and programming "style" ? I hope this is posted in the right thread......

ProScan

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber

i have the 996p2 and really do not use it or need it anymore. i like my pro197 but it is only p1 not p1, however we have not much in the way of p2 where i am. i would be willing to sell my very unused 996p2. i may put it on the site here soon. i like the color display, but the red is too red and u cant really read the text. lighter red would be a great mod or update to this scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.