996xt help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETS

First off I'm new to the forum and also new to programming the newer digital scanners. I've spent sometime crusing the forum and have picked up some good ideas, thanks. I'm located in NW Oregon/ SW Washington. I just bought a new 996xt and Im using both FreeScan and ARCXT to program it with, frankly I like the FreeScan program better. Bear with me here, I have 15 systems set up with several groups in eash system. Here's where I start to loss it. I don't have the individual systems tagged should I? If so how do I do it? There all trucked systems except for a couple conv ones. I have each group tagged with the same qkey within eash different system, for example
Portland PD(no tag)
----NE prec(2)
----SE prec(2)
----E prec(2)

Portland fire(not tag)
----rescue(3)
----Comm(3)
----Hazmat(3)

You get the pattern. I don't want to listen to all the system at once maybe just 5 out of the 15 programmed. How do I temparily block the 10 unwanted ones but still keep them programed in the scanner. I have a feeling I need to tag the systems but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Eric

Bucko

Just assign a quick key for each site in the system. The quick key for the system will be by the sites. Example I have several sites under my Ohio MARCS system ( quick key is set by site for the system ) and have 6 sites assigned one particular quick key that I want monitor all the time then all the others have their own quick key assigned. I hope this what you are asking?

ETS

by site do you mean Portland PD and Portland fire or are you tlaking about the groups within the PD and fire? Thanks for the quick response

Bucko

by site do you mean Portland PD and Portland fire or are you tlaking about the groups within the PD and fire? Thanks for the quick response

By site I mean the sites in your System not groups and I was referring to a trunked system. So if Portland PD & Portland FD are sites of your Trunked system then yes. You can assign keys for your Groups also.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with FreeScan but can look it up. I do know I was able to clone my 250D to the newer Uniden handheld at the time. I have used ScanControl and ARC software. For me if I get the new 996XT it would be easier just to do a clone job from the 996T.

cpuerror

They can't be cloned directly but like some have said you can use FreeSCAN to download from one and upload into the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.