996XT help

Status
Not open for further replies.

atane

I have just purchased a 996xt scanner. It didnt come with any software to program However I downloaded the butel arc-xt software . Now my question is . I currently also have a BCD785D that i have all my files for already made and available but they come in >.mem formatt. The new scanners software doesnt support that type of file its looking for a RS dat file and i have way to many freqs listed in it to make a new one . Ive spent years perfecting it . Is there any way to convert it or transfer the information to the new scanner?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Part of the problem of someone helping is that the way DMA scanners work, there are numerous ways to set up a file. That's greatly influenced by the way a person desires the scanner to work, and what s/he wants to hear and how often.

I'd suggest you read up on the first 3 topics in the Uniden DMA FAQ (linked below) - your data can be moved, but the organization of the data will be critical in being successful

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

73 and GL...Mike

captclint

Mentor
I have just purchased a 996xt scanner. It didnt come with any software to program However I downloaded the butel arc-xt software . Now my question is . I currently also have a BCD785D that i have all my files for already made and available but they come in >.mem formatt.
AS mentioned, there is no way to automatically convert, BUT, copy and paste could get save you a lot of typing. You just have to organize the Systems and group files to match your tastes, export your 785 as CVS, and and then copy/paste the freq, tones, and descr into these new groups. Probably have to do it one column (Freq, Tone, Desc) at a time, but still saves typing.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
LOL! That would be .csv (comma separated values), not CVS (a popular drug store chain - which by inference, he may need to visit anyway HI)

However, before he could do copy/paste (which would work), he'd need to understand the relationships between systems, sites and groups. Even if you use an automated tool (such as the one in Scan Control), this understanding is necessary....73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.