A couple USCG Freqs not in the Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I recently came across these 2 frequencies in an old posting and noticed they are not in the Wiki. Anyone know if they are still current and if so, why not included in the wiki? 353.900 (Patrol) and 282.000 (USCG Common Ops)

ecps92

Analogrules

I saw it posted in a recently closed thread in the NJ discussion forum. However, the posting itself was from several years ago. I was just curious if those particular freqs were still active anywhere.

Airboss

Silent Key
I recently came across these 2 frequencies in an old posting and noticed they are not in the Wiki. Anyone know if they are still current and if so, why not included in the wiki? 353.900 (Patrol) and 282.000 (USCG Common Ops)

As my good friend Bill indicated, the 282.0 and 353.9 MHz CG assignments were both casualties of the US mil band prior to the band's realignment around 2004.

282.000 MHz is now a mixed bag of assignments (Canada/LANT AR, USMC F/A-18 Squadron A/A, ANG Squadron Common, etc)

353.900 MHz is now an Air Traffic Control assignment nationwide (ARTCC, A/D and one tower in NJ).

I'll take a closer look at the wiki, but as Bill indicated it is probably quite accurate in reflecting today's UHF mil band plan for the Coast Guard. There are some other parts of the wiki that needs updating, especially the nationwide assignments and that is being looked at and researched.

73 de Larry
The Spectrum Monitor Milcom Columnist

Status
Not open for further replies.