A question about some VHF frequencies - Middlesex County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
I decided to ditch my modern, feature packed scanner for something more classic - A Bearcat IV crystal controlled scanner. I've got all 8 crystals in all 8 channels but I haven't heard a peep on JEMS 1 (155.220) or JEMS 2 (155.340). Does anyone know if these two frequencies are still in use in the Middlesex County area?

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Where does RWJ get dispatched? Their medics used to be dispatched on JEMS 1. The VHF EMS frequencies are still used in other places in NJ.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Wow...makes we want to go into the garage and break out my old RS 2004 Pro. That could pick up AMPS. ;)

Analogrules

I haven't heard anything on JEMS 2 for about 20 years. That was once the EMS to hospital channel used to give the specific condition of the patient they are rushing in. Where in NJ is this channel still used?

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Once in a while I still hear traffic on all of the JEMS frequencies (but it doesn't sound local). I figure with the memory capacity of today's radios, I still program them in (along with old MedCentral VHF frequencies too). My thought is they might "come alive" one day should something big ever happen, or a system failure occurs etc...plus they're not taking up much memory space. Or, if you have an older scanner sitting around you can always program it for JEMS, SPEN etc...

I haven't heard anything on JEMS 2 for about 20 years. That was once the EMS to hospital channel used to give the specific condition of the patient they are rushing in. Where in NJ is this channel still used?
In my area of Morris County this channel is still used on a day-to-day basis when BLS rigs that do not have ALS on board want to get into contact with the ER they are headed to.

ShoreBullets

JEMS channels are required by the DOH to be in every licensed ambulnce, so those channels are not going anywhere, they are just backup channels

Analogrules

Oh wow, interesting to know that 155.340 is still regularly used in Morris County.

Are ALL those conventional Middlesex County Fire/EMS frequencies listed in the DB used only for for back up OR are the "County coordination" frequencies such as 453.575, 154.265, and 151.160 still used regularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.