A Question about Win96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair

Hi, can someone tell me what the following things stand for:

Under the scanner tab I didnt understand some of the things I was viewing:

" Delay" "Atten" "Lout "- I'm sure this one means Lockout

Some of the squares were black and some were white-

Also, on the bottom right of the same screen there was another Alpha tag option, what is that for?

Thanks again!

Radio_Lady

Flair said:
Hi, can someone tell me what the following things stand for:

Under the scanner tab I didnt understand some of the things I was viewing:

" Delay" "Atten" "Lout "- I'm sure this one means Lockout

Some of the squares were black and some were white-

For each channel, you can toggle the Delay, Attenuate, and Lockout functions on and off. If the box is black, it's turned ON, if it's cleared (white) it's turned off. Click on each one to change it.

"Delay" is staying on a channel for a couple seconds after each transmission stops (so you can more likely hear a reply, for example).
"Attenuation" reduces the scanner's sensitivity for the channel(s) selected; this can sometimes help if you're getting interference, such as from a strong adjacent frequency
"Lout" is, as you guessed, Lockout of that channel while scanning.

Flair said:
Also, on the bottom right of the same screen there was another Alpha tag option, what is that for?
That part of the screen relates to trunked systems, and if you enter a talk group's alpha tag, that's what will appear on the display's bottom line rather than the TG's numeric code.

Flair

Saving presets:

Thanks for the reply to my earlier question.

Is there a difference if I do a "Save as" with the win96 and save it to "My documents" opposed to saving it directly in the win96 folder?

DonS

Flair said:
Is there a difference if I do a "Save as" with the win96 and save it to "My documents" opposed to saving it directly in the win96 folder?
No difference. Win96 doesn't care where you store your files.

Status
Not open for further replies.