aa battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
AlabamaRS said:
anyone have experience with this particular charger ?http://www.batteryjunction.com/chwosmch12aa.html

Personally no, but some flashlight-geek forum I stumbled upon rates them highly (I never knew there was such a thing:confused: No joke, they spend as much on an LED penlight than we do on scanners) From what I can understand, there are now 5000mAh AA cells and rapid chargers out there from Sanyo that everyone is jumping on buying.:D

SCPD

QRT
thanks, Rapid chargers are OK. I prefer the slow 1's I have the cheap walmart GE charger that comes with 8AA batteries & 2 or 4 AAA 1'a.. thinking about just ordering 8 AA 2600MAH ones online , saw a places that had em for 15.95. which i think is a good price & use e with the cheap charger I have now, wasn't sure if that was a good combo to use or not.. bad on the batteries or what not??.. make any sense??:)

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
AlabamaRS said:
thanks, Rapid chargers are OK. I prefer the slow 1's I have the cheap walmart GE charger that comes with 8AA batteries & 2 or 4 AAA 1'a.. thinking about just ordering 8 AA 2600MAH ones online , saw a places that had em for 15.95. which i think is a good price & use e with the cheap charger I have now, wasn't sure if that was a good combo to use or not.. bad on the batteries or what not??.. make any sense??:)

I hear ya. Those rapid chargers get HOT. that much heat cannot be good for the cells. There is a rechareable batt thread going on in the RR wasteland forum right now actually.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Actually, there have been several threads on both batteries and various chargers. One just a couple of days ago.

I don't recognize this particular charger, but I'd consider spending a few extra dollars on one of Maha's chargers. There are two nearly everyone on the board has sworn by. I have the C9000 and I love it. It can fairly rapidly charge batteries, or do a 3.5 day recycle of a battery.

Most reviews I've read on the radid chargers support DanTSX's comment that the heat doesn't do the batteries any good. In fact the life span is significantly reduced by them (nice marketing ploy to cell more batteries I guess, though on occasion I do like the 15 minute recharge).

SCPD

QRT
Ok, On the same note has any1 seen what I guess is new the GE smart charger thats is for sale at Sam's club/ for $21.95 I thinks includes 4 AA batteries?. Again tanks for al the replies,. Don't wanna spend too much $$ but then again I don't want to have to replace my batteries so so much. boils down to a combo a good batteries, stay good with a better charger?:p

Taloniilm

I found the LeCross BC-900 on Amazon... I really like it. One of the top rated chargers for a fair price, worth a look.

N1BHH

Smart chargers are the best. More are coming on the market every day. As far as 5000mAH cell, the largest capacity I have seen in AA cells is 2850, most are in the 2400-2850 range that I have seen. There are C and D cells which have 5000, but I have yet to see any AA cells with that capacity. Where have you found 5000mAH AA cells?

SCPD

QRT
I bought a set of AA duracell 2650's how long do they take to charge on acheep GE energizer charger??

DPD1

Status
Not open for further replies.