Abajo Peak For UCAN License

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
UCAN is Extending further i talked to n0nhj Who is a feed provider for Southwest Colorado and Southeast Utah and can Hear Abajo From his area and has His scanner setup and ready for Abajo when it Comes online. His Scanner currently scans and audio feeds for Colorado DTRS off of Abajo Peak and covers Clear to Cedar Mountan Emery and Clear west to Garfield and Wayne county in Utah. plus covers Colorado too. The Scanner Currently Is at Abajo peak 10-11,000 feet up and he can remote in. Abajo Peak For UCAN is not active Yet but he will let me know when it is or i will hear it on his feed and see it as well. His feed Has alpha Tags.

"I just checked and there is an application pending for Abajo Peak for UCAN.
ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0004878662 - UTAH COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY NETWORK
6 Frequencies there also - 851.5875, 852.300, 852.9125, 853.225, 853.575, 853.825.
All are quiet from the scanner on Abajo, but I'll create a group on the scanner for UCAN and put them in there.

Chuck"

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
There is not a liscense issued for the Abajo Peak Ucan Site just the frequencies at this time...

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
How do you guys search for that stuff? im using fcc grants and stuff and it dont show it and i cant get that other site to search what i want it to...

bchris

Pending Apps

How do you guys search for that stuff? im using fcc grants and stuff and it dont show it and i cant get that other site to search what i want it to...

If the application is only 'pending', then no license or call sign has actually been issued. I know there is a box on the FCC page for 'include pending', but dont remember if it is checked by default or not.

You might need to bring up 1 license for a UCAN site, get UCAN's ID #, then search for pending apps for that ID #. Just a thought.

-bc

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yeah i ended up using UCAN's FRN to search and Found that Little Mountain and Abajo are pending with no callsigns yet. But they have frequencies and locations. Some we can guess the the Site id's system either 7202 or 643E, others we can speculate on the site #. I did the search with the FRN begining 1/11 and ending yesterday. It did Show on that one 450MHZ site for Ucan that Tabby covers Vernal And Heber City areas. Im not sure why they put 450 up if they was planning on 800MHZ just a few months later. The Ones lites New on my search showed all the new ones we had already excent Abajo and Little Mountain which we submitted for application in September of 2011. The Abajo site has to send 4 requests for Approval To Each State/ Region # Before ir can be approved. the letters of documintation are one the fcc website where it shows the pending Licsence for Abajo....

JLM7424

I just Moved to Vernal,ut About a Month ago .
Been searching for stuff. Found 2 LTR systems I'd Like to figure out my works on one of them .

Ucan. sys.id 643E Site 21.

Attachments

• Mot.643E-21  Vernal,ut 1.jpg
    Mot.643E-21 Vernal,ut 1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Mot.643E-21  Vernal,ut 2.jpg
    Mot.643E-21 Vernal,ut 2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Mot.643E-21  Vernal,ut 3.jpg
    Mot.643E-21 Vernal,ut 3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Mot.643E-21  Vernal,ut 4.jpg
    Mot.643E-21 Vernal,ut 4.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Mot.643E-21  Vernal,ut 5.jpg
    Mot.643E-21 Vernal,ut 5.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 303

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Little Mountain

That Alias Says Little Mountain

I See Little Mountain Has No Peers (Friends) How Lonely It Must Be...

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The Unitrunker might help. i dont have an LTR System Here Where i live But unitrunker may tell u more. uls wont tell you much. callsigns may only help if you already know them if it does it in morse code try the program cwget...

bchris

Vernal area Trunking

Ucan. sys.id 643E Site 21.
855.2125. (LTLMT) ?

JLM7424,

That was some great info and images you provided, thanks!
Not many of us get to that part of the state very often, so you will be able to provide some missing pieces to our evolving 'UCAN puzzle', and maybe even confirm some local conventionals still in use.

I just Moved to Vernal,ut About a Month ago .
Been searching for stuff. Found 2 LTR systems I'd Like to figure out - my work is on one of them .

1. FYI - The UCAN system is Motorola type II, not LTR .

2. If you know the callsign, just go this this link... License Search

3. If you do not know the callsign, from that same page click on Advanced License Search. To narrow things down, on the Service Group select 'Part 90 Land Mobile'. Enter whatever info you know. It would be best if you know or can find one of the frequencies used by your work - the control channel is usually easiest to find (on motorola systems) because it is always transmitting. If your company is not based in Utah, do not enter that - you might need to use the 'GeoSearch' tab instead. In any case, just get creative on this page and you can find the license and the full set of freqs.

--bc

JLM7424

JLM7424,

That was some great info and images you provided, thanks!
Not many of us get to that part of the state very often, so you will be able to provide some missing pieces to our evolving 'UCAN puzzle', and maybe even confirm some local conventionals still in use.

1. FYI - The UCAN system is Motorola type II, not LTR .

2. If you know the callsign, just go this this link... License Search

3. If you do not know the callsign, from that same page click on Advanced License Search. To narrow things down, on the Service Group select 'Part 90 Land Mobile'. Enter whatever info you know. It would be best if you know or can find one of the frequencies used by your work - the control channel is usually easiest to find (on motorola systems) because it is always transmitting. If your company is not based in Utah, do not enter that - you might need to use the 'GeoSearch' tab instead. In any case, just get creative on this page and you can find the license and the full set of freqs.

--bc

Thanks ....i was asking a about a vhf LTR sys i do realize ucan is mot 800

Status
Not open for further replies.