Abbeville SC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMQ47

Was hoping to solve my problem reading all the good information that is on this site, however I need some help.

I am using a RTL-SDR RTL 2832U with Unitrunker Ver. 1.0.33.4, DSD Plus 1.101PT.
Also using Visual Audio Cable to pipe the digital through.
I am trying to scan Abbeville County South Carolina using the control frequency of 855.5125.
I have the receiver set to chase, rather than discover.
I am receiving SCHP and EMS from Greenwood County, most everything but Abbeville County. I did think I heard Abbeville dispatch once. The receive strength is very good and the audio quality is
good also. DSD plus is creating a wave file.
Not sure if Abbeville has gone to P25 Phase II, if so that would explain why I cannot hear them. Based on RR Database it does not appear they have switched to Phase II.
Thanks for any help. Marshall

HummerMike

Hello Marshall .......... small world. I live in Abbeville also. Your control channel is correct. Abbeville 800 is digital, but not phase II. I can pick them up fine on a Whistler ws1065, and a Uniden 996p2 that I have in my car. The WS1065 will do PI but not PII.

Mike

JMQ47

Hey Mike,
Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well since you moved to the area. Thanks for the confirmation on Abbevile county being Phase I. I am about 99% to getting this device working like I want it.
Thanks for the input.
Marshall

JMQ47

Think my problem is solved. Downloaded the RR database to Unitrunker and am now scanning all the frequencies for the site or control channel.
Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.