Aberdeen Proving Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajen

I occasionally work very close to Aberdeen Proving Ground, and according to the database, they use the Motorola Type II Smartzone analog system. The Primary Control Channels are 409.02500 and 410.15000. I own the Uniden BCD396T, and I am not sure how to program this system into my scanner. I can see the options under:Select System Type: Then I chose Motorola, such as 800 MHz,800 MHz Splinter,900MHz, UHF, VHF, but I am not sure which is correct, since the Primary Control Channels are in the 400 MHz range. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Its a Motorola UHF system. You may need the base and offset settings also (both available in the database) but with the 396 you may not even need these. It's been a while. Hope this helps.

brian13pickle

Has anybody been able to program the Aberdeen Proving system with the 396? I've tried a several times. I've used search and picked up the two control channels and talk group IDs, but no voices. I've also program using UHF and MOT type II systems without success. I see now that the Data base has a P-25 setup, has anyone tried this? Thanks for any suggestions.......Brian P.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
APG System

Make sure you program Motorola UHF Type II, program the frequencies that you need, then click on set band plan and put in base frequency, your channel spacing, offset and you should be good to go.

When the new system comes online in May or June then the old motorola system will become obsolete as users move to that system, I have no further information on this system.

Nate

Mark

Premium Subscriber
By the way picking up strong Control channel buzz tonite on 386.075.
Maybe Aberdeen has started working on new 380 system.
No other voice channels heard yet in range search.

Mark
04/07/08 update.Buzz CC freq has moved to 380.960. That makes 2 freqs in possible new system.

Last edited:

shajen

Thanks Dispatcher308! Set the band plan as you suggested. Works well! Receiving transmissions loud and clear.

rmiles

Attached is a ZIP file for the BCD396T for the Edgewood area system (both the old and new system). I’ve been updating the new system as frequently as I get the information. Today was the first day of voice testing, which I submitted to the database this evening. Most of the info on the old (current) system I have in the ZIP file I never got around to posting to the database, so if someone has more time then I, feel free to submit it. Unfortunately, I’m a very busy person. But I’ll update the new system, all three sites, as I get data.

Ron

Attachments

• APG.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark said:
By the way picking up strong Control channel buzz tonite on 386.075.
Maybe Aberdeen has started working on new 380 system.
No other voice channels heard yet in range search.

Mark
04/07/08 update.Buzz CC freq has moved to 380.960. That makes 2 freqs in possible new system.
04/10/08 update Buzz control channel 380.835 maybe 3 freqs for Aberdeen.

Status
Not open for further replies.