"Access to Path Denied" Sentinel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Hi Fans
I was updating my favorites files on my Sentinel program (Windows 10). Every time I tried to "Save" or "Save as" it popped up "Access to path denied" I checked some of my other apps (GD 77, MD 380) and found the same problem...argh!
After much head scratching and reading I remembered I had recently installed Malwarebytes on my computer. I disabled the realtime protection temporarily and tried to save my file...no joy.

I then checked the Windows defender program and noticed the realtime protection was on. Disabling that solved the problem.
I left the Malwarebytes realtime protection working and I can still save my files!

FYI YMMV

Ubbe

I have disabled windows defender and use IObit antimalware protection and computer care suit of programs, that they have for free. I only have to remember to temporarely disable realtime protection if I want to do low level disk handling like formatting a SD card.

/Ubbe

afdscan

Each time I attempt to update either firmware or master database a box appears telling me "Updating unit failed. Operation is canceled. The operation has timed out." What do I need to do to correct this?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, that is odd. Usually the culprit ends up being Hughesnet (they block ftp). I'd suspect your firewall or virus software isn't allowing the software to access ftp.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
I can't update either. "Updating full database failed. Operation is canceled. Access to path is denied." I've reinstalled as admin, provided full access to all directories. Disabled MalwareBytes. I can update the firmware in my 436 fine.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
If you are using a 536 or a SDS200 they have ports in the back and front. They are not equally capable of some tasks. You might try switching front to back or back to front to see if that works.

Might try checking the box in Sentinel to “Force Write Full Database”, I doubt this will help.

Next thing I would check would be the SD card it may be giving you trouble.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
What is up with Uniden's web site? 45 minutes just to download Sentinal? I think my update issues may be on their side. I'm trying to load everything on a laptop to try the update again.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
436 in this case. Think that checkbox is gone now. Trying other things. May flash the card too.

My suggestion: (Might try checking the box in Sentinel to “Force Write Full Database”, I doubt this will help.) was too brief, sorry. I will give a bit more info.

In Sentinel when you click on “Write to Scanner” (to update the database or your FL lists) a dialog box will pop up, this is where the box you can check to “Force Write Full Database” will appear. However, this is a bit of a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.