• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

active scramble, suicide threat in the air - NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

briano

Listen to 228.900 Now and 220.???
F-16 Dispatched active scramble from Selfridge (MI) area Call sign Chevy 21.
Suicide threat. They cleared him to go supersonic to Rochester. Another fighter went with him. They are clearing the air space 10mile rad. around Rochester.
about 18 min ago.

K2GOG

I saw a Huey Cobra flying norht of the north shore of Nassau County today which is pretty out of the ordinary and he was moving pretty damn quick. I wonder if it was related since it was near the same time. I forget if those are stationed out of Jersey.

I did not have a radio handy with me.

briano

Sounds like Chevy 21 is heading back to Selfridge.. 11:35AM detroit time.

Status
Not open for further replies.