Active Shooter U.S.A.F.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

Active shooter reported at the Air Force Academy. Some tweets from cadets that they did hear shots but not confirmed. El Paso county Sheriffs Department on scene along with other departments and the Air Force Police. Repotted by KKTV .

USASA

No active shooter at a.f.a.

Per El Paso County Sheriffs Department they found "No Active Shooter". They say it is unfounded, a false report. That is good news!

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
Per El Paso County Sheriffs Department they found "No Active Shooter". They say it is unfounded, a false report. That is good news!

Hoax Committed by dozens of cadets due to a racial incident that happened.

USASA

No chatter on USAFA radio

I was monitoring the AFA security freq. I heard nothing all traffic was over the El Paso Sheriffs freq. Then they went encrypted, by request of commander on scene. Tweets received indicated that there was shots fired. Now the E.P.S.O. and U.S.A.F.A. say no shots. The first causality in things like this is the truth!

Al
USASA

radio

Premium Subscriber
From what I heard, all calls reporting this incident were via 911 texts. None were actual voice phone calls.

Yes, the Academy had that racial incident earlier this week. Saw that on KRDO Ch 713

radio

Premium Subscriber
From what I heard, all calls reporting this incident were via 911 texts. None were actual voice phone calls.

Yes, the Academy had that racial incident earlier this week. Saw that on KRDO Ch 713

nasa806

Premium Subscriber

Correct cadets making false reports. They all should be kicked out. DOD will be doing an investigation.

radio

Premium Subscriber
W8RMH,

I heard most of that incident LIVE as it happened. Numerous law enforcement agencies responded to and investigated the 911 TEXTS for the alleged incidences during that 2 plus hour call.

Every one were totally investigated. Officers were actually in the area of many of the reports when they were relayed by dispatch. Those reports were immediately debunked by those officers. As far as I heard, all reports were from 911 texts. No actual phone voice calls for anything.

Law enforcement and USAFA tweeted with the public and media with any updates.

3 of the 4 local TV stations here in Colorado Springs went LIVE with their news anchors with reports and LIVE with reporters outside the grounds. USAFA PIO.came out to meet with them too.

FAKE NEWS. No way. Outstanding work by the USAFA staff, law enforcement and the 911 dispatchers and their staff. Very reasonable and accurate reporting by all news crews, as well.

Last edited:

Denverpilot

I got a kick out of the PIO when the doofus reporter asked if misleading reports from social media were a problem.

“That’s the nature of social media, ma’am.”

Status
Not open for further replies.