Adams County Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

medicmjc

I am trying to "get smart" on the tones Adams County, Pennsylvania uses for fire dispatch.

I know that the Quick Call II style tones are for the pagers; with a "B" group tone assigned to each station, allowing 1+1 for ambulances, officers, fire police, etc. I am good with the concept, but does anyone have the complete list on the assignments? The one on the wiki is only partial.

House sirens are set off by a sequence of four tones. The tones control the house siren's mode; which have different sounds for fire calls or public warning; and also have a "cancel" function. I've seen them called "railroad tones" but I am not familiar with that type of signalling, nor can I find any signal system that sounds like what is used. Does anyone know what this signalling is called, who made it, or anything?

Thanks!

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone in Adams County know the tones for Medic 28? The tone listed in the wiki is a long B but they are now using an A-B two-tone. Perhaps someone with a 396 might be able to take a look at this? Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.