AdChoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

I think the AdChoices settings need to be looked at

Getting today, some NSFW advertisements when on the Main RR.com page today.
I haven't paid attention to those within the forums

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Bill if you use Firefox for a browser, there's a addon called Noscript that can be used to filter those images you find objectionable. Google might have Noscript as a extension too, I'm not sure. 73, n9zas

ecps92

Sorry, did not determine the Company, but it was for Adult Clothing and the TOP picture was what appeared to be Latex clothing accessories (is that even,,,,,,) with a obvious male enhancement protruding.

Just logged in from home and all was well, with Electronics etc ie: Tektronics and Capitol One

Did open a 2nd window and now have
"Summers Eve" female ph freshness.

For the other poster, Nope, I use Chrome.

Wont' be back at that terminal till Friday, but will pay more attention to it then,,..
Can you be more specific. Who is the advertiser?

kf5bti

Ads are often targeted based on your recent browsing history. For example, if I go to Lowes website and look at something then I will start seeing ads for Lowes in the banner ads. Do you share a computer with someone else that may have been doing some online shopping/browsing?

ecps92

No kidding. :roll:

It was my work computer and No It's not shared and No I do not visit those types of sites.

Which is why I started the Post for the Staff of RR to be alerted.
Ads are often targeted based on your recent browsing history. For example, if I go to Lowes website and look at something then I will start seeing ads for Lowes in the banner ads. Do you share a computer with someone else that may have been doing some online shopping/browsing?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The only ads I see here are for scanner master. That's it. This may be due to the changes I made to the host file with in windows. I really dont see many adds anywhere else. Most of them get blocked ...

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I agree with Elroy.
I'm running AdBlock and I don't see any ads other than the scanner master one at the top of the page. Really helps with a slow internet connection at home.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I know you say your on a work pc but seems if this was a widespread problem there would be more than you having these. I strongly suggest you really need to run an antivirus sweep on its full settings and I'm 'fairly' confident your pc has something running it shouldn't have running.

Malwarebytes is a very good free second antivirus-malware. If the IT dept. locked down your pc for installing something else, talk to them stating something is going wrong here. On the other hand is it hehe OK for you to be on this site during work? ;)
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Another one many don't realize, is type the letters MRT in the run command area of the start menu.
This gets run when there is a monthly update is run only on the quick scan setting. For you use the Full scan setting.

And if the IT dept. has locked it down, they tend to hold back security updates till they can make sure it will not cause problems on the work pc's. With holding back updates there are zero day exploits where the scammers will reverse engineer the updates to find what security holes these are plugging up and then exploit them.

ecps92

It's not my PC nor my Agency Network.
Could be at a higher level.

Trust me, we can't even get to half our Newspaper/TV/Radio Media sites, due to ad blockers and the virus issues they cause.

I appreciate the input, but your preaching to the Choir here, A Government - Locked Down network

Again it's sporadic, otherwise it would be routine.
Hence my reason to bring it to the folks who run things here.

I know you say your on a work pc but seems if this was a widespread problem there would be more than you having these. I strongly suggest you really need to run an antivirus sweep on its full settings and I'm 'fairly' confident your pc has something running it shouldn't have running.

Malwarebytes is a very good free second antivirus-malware. If the IT dept. locked down your pc for installing something else, talk to them stating something is going wrong here. On the other hand is it hehe OK for you to be on this site during work? ;)
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Another one many don't realize, is type the letters MRT in the run command area of the start menu.
This gets run when there is a monthly update is run only on the quick scan setting. For you use the Full scan setting.

And if the IT dept. has locked it down, they tend to hold back security updates till they can make sure it will not cause problems on the work pc's. With holding back updates there are zero day exploits where the scammers will reverse engineer the updates to find what security holes these are plugging up and then exploit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.