ADCR25 P25 / DMR Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jje64

Thanks for the response.

To be clear, you can sit the radio on one frequency and the software will display the timeslot, CC, and Talkgroup for a particular conversation. Then if that conversation ends and a new one begins on a different TS and TG the software will display that new info?

I hope so as that would be a great feature for me.

TNX
jje64

mancow

Database Admin
Thanks for the response.

To be clear, you can sit the radio on one frequency and the software will display the timeslot, CC, and Talkgroup for a particular conversation. Then if that conversation ends and a new one begins on a different TS and TG the software will display that new info?

I hope so as that would be a great feature for me.

TNX
jje64

That is exactly correct.

Also, you can search and scan.

Mine is VHF. I got it thinking I could use it for federal monitoring. As luck has it there has been no activity. There are quite a few VHF DMR systems in my area are but they must be a waste of money because nobody uses them. I heard maybe 5 transmissions over the last two days on them. If I could get some constant activity I would try to get a video.

I need to order up a UHF one and I really wish he had a 700/800 model.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'd seriously consider grabbing a VHF one, but the gap in the 160's is a show stopper for me. I have several users in my area that are within that range :(

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
All I will say with regards to the ADCR25 board from Russia is use caution in dealing with this guy. I sent a PayPal payment to him on 02/27/2015; heard nothing for several weeks and then after repeated correspondences back and forth, I finally opened up a PayPal dispute. He insisted that he mail the item to me, even provided a Russia Post Office tracking number, which couldn't be tracked here in the U.S. up-to and including after the resolution from PayPal on the issue. The PayPal resolution issue drug on into May, where he kept saying he could not issue a refund; finally, after escalating the issue, a PayPal refund was issued. Then a few days later, he e-mails me and says he gave me the incorrect tracking number for an items that was mailed in March; here we are in May and all of a sudden the new tracking number shows it's in New York. The long and the short of it is, the board eventually arrived in May; however, it was broken in two pieces. It was only packed on an envelop, like it was thrown in the mail last minute. After dragging on since the end of February, he honestly wanted me to pay postage back to Russia and wait for a replacement after already waiting several months and having to go through the whole process I did; I don't think so. I asked him for a return postage paid return; I have yet to receive anything. Having received my refund through PayPal, I threw the broken board in the trash and moved on. Now he's threatening me online and essentially calling me the thief. Those who know my online reputation know what to expect from me, so I could careless at this point; this guys a total nut job and his posting my full name, address, call sign, etc on his website and in his users manual just goes to show how unprofessional he really is. If anyone would like to see a list of my corresponsdances with this guys, please let me know and I'll be happy to share them and the details of the PayPal dispute.

My suggestion is to stay away from the ADCR25 and purchase an AirSpy and use DSD, this combination will do exactly the same thing and covers all bands. A friend suggested this ADCR25 board and that's why I initially jumped on it; however, following this experience, I will NEVER purchase anything from outside the U.S. again...

RK3AAG

Seller of ADRC25 could be good seller or fraud, I do not know, but do not be so categorical. Many international sellers provides very good service and offers good stuff. I have purchased many things in UK, Israel, China, Germany, Italy, Russia, Canada and other countries. Moreover, my most terrible experience was with UK eBay users. About half of them are frauds/scam artists. US sellers are not always good too. Some of them sent me garbage, have never responded and never refunded. PayPal took side of those sellers few times, so I lost about $700. Again, do not be so polar.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
He certainly communicated readily enough when I wrote to him asking him about supporting the proper bands for the US. Seemed real nice and I've seen a number of comments saying he has a great product and no problems with him.

If he'd just get the VHF band and the 700/800 band figured out I'd order the thing. I still may for the UHF.

mancow

Database Admin
What do you mean by getting the big band figured out? I have a vhf and it seems to work fine.

mikepdx

I will NEVER purchase anything from outside the U.S. again...

Right, because...
Us Red, White and Blue Americans NEVER rip one another off, do we?

Only them stinkin' foreigners rob us perfect human beings. Yes, sirree.

Last edited:

Boatanchor

He certainly communicated readily enough when I wrote to him asking him about supporting the proper bands for the US. Seemed real nice and I've seen a number of comments saying he has a great product and no problems with him.

If he'd just get the VHF band and the 700/800 band figured out I'd order the thing. I still may for the UHF.

The VHF band model has been out as long as the 400Mhz unit.

He is taking orders for a 800-900Mhz+ model now.

Also, when I spoke with him last week, he indicated that there are other models in the pipeline including a 'self contained' (battery powered) unit and a multi-band model.

I'm just waiting for him to sort out some P25 trunking problems that are occurring on some (non-motorola) systems.

RU3ANQ

Hello guys!

Hello W2GLD.

After you received your ADCR25 you promised me in your e-mail (i have all your e-mails) to show a photo of broken board. Everything will be all right if you show me a photo.
And as a decent person i did refund to you after a PayPal allowed this to me - as i wrote to you i had some difficulties with that.

After you stopped to replying to my e-mails i posted some info about you (WHAT ELSE I SHOULD TO DO??)

RU3ANQ

When i only started international trades i did sending first and when it was received by customer i got paid. It was because many of people think that in Russia is only gangsters and frauds. I sold my goods all around the world from Australia to US everyone was satisfied with my service! Now i know one fraud in US and his name is Gerald L Dubzak Jr. W2GLD. I believe somewhere on HF bands i will meet him calling CQ and say Hello and wish many 73s from Russia.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
hi

I've ordered from him and receive great communication with him. His really a Nice guys.

I didn't receive my order yet, but Don't be affraid to deal with him. I will order from him in the future.

Robin

RU3ANQ

Thank you Robin! thousands of ADCR25 all over the world was sold and no any negative feedback.
Again: if your parcel lost or damaged i will do full refund. If it arrived damaged simple make a couple of photo and send it to me, that is enough.

To W2GLD: i can believe you that it was damaged even in case of photo absence (very hard but i will try), but when you stopped to reply to my e-mails...it is very rude i think. And don't afraid Russia. It is very peaceful country.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by getting the big band figured out? I have a vhf and it seems to work fine.

His product does not cover 160-164 on the VHF band. Nor does he have a 700/800 band unit. He does say he is working on an 800 band unit but from what he said it won't cover 700 too which is where lots of PS is going or has gone already. There are not only lots of 700 band systems but mixed 700/800 systems as well.

For me where I live I have a statewide police system that has channels including control channels and alternates in the 160-164 range that is a problem especially as the closest site to me is one of them.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
The VHF band model has been out as long as the 400Mhz unit.

He is taking orders for a 800-900Mhz+ model now.

Also, when I spoke with him last week, he indicated that there are other models in the pipeline including a 'self contained' (battery powered) unit and a multi-band model.

I'm just waiting for him to sort out some P25 trunking problems that are occurring on some (non-motorola) systems.

I'm aware of that but there is a coverage gap in the VHF unit which for me needs to be fixed to be useful. Our statewide P25 system out here has channels in that range including the nearest site for me.

Then of course for those interested in RR stuff they are in that range so it wouldn't work for them. I pick up other stuff from time to time as well in that range.

The 800 model is nice but here in US it needs to be something that covers not only 800 but 700 as well. There are a number of 700 systems out and even more coming. Add to that the mixed systems using both 700 and 800 and you have a problem. The products he has out and coming out do not cover one of the main PS bands in use in this country.

That's all I meant. Everything I have heard about him is that the units are fantastic and work great. As I also said he was real nice in speaking with me about things.

For me at least getting those two issues solved is mandatory before I'd purchase anything except the UHF band model. If he gets the other two sorted I'd then buy both.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
RU3ANQ Can't you make one that covers 140-900 MHz? that would make a lot of us buy one. Here in the US we have 136-174 / 380-512 / 769-776 and 851-862 mhz bands in use.

RU3ANQ

Im thinking of full band 100-900Mhz scanner. It is possible with superhet receiver design, as in AR-MINI for example. But we have many examples of super wide dongles (AirSpy, HackRF and many other) with super bad selectivity and awful blocking performance.

If to design good wide range receiver it should have complex tracking pre-selector, and crystal filtered IF. In my future plans is to develop fully portable all band scanner with bluetooth remote control. After all features and modes will be realized on ADCR25 i will start this portable scanner.

RU3ANQ

A lot of time needs math algorythms needed for different modems and standards along with vocoder improvement e.t.c. But i believe that in the future i will develop best in the world digital voice scanner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.