Add Microphone and PTT switch to 26pin connector

Hi Everyone
I would like to add a foot pedal and pedestal mic for a hand operated excavator.
I have a foot pedal and mic here, and have a pin out diagram of the 26pin connector in the back of the radio
It already has an external speaker which was quite intuitive to install. There is a + and – pin 9 and pin 18 for the speaker and then 6 and 13 is jumpers to activate the external speaker and de-activate the internal one. The external PTT and mic are not so obvious.

Firstly the foot pedal
Pin 16 is programmable output pin default PTT. I assume this will not need to be programmed by the USB cable as PTT is the default setting. What pin do I connect the other side of the pedal to, Pin21 Ground?

External mic
Pin 7 is external mic does the other side of the mic go to pin 17 audio ground?

Jumpers
Are there anymore jumpers I need to enable for these functions to work, I assume probably not as nothing needs to be de-activated internally.

Programming
Do I need to do any program changes by USB cable?

thanks for your time
cue340

Here is what I used to interface to a Raven voter.

RADIO FUNC RAVEN

2 GND
3 CD 7 COR
7 MIC 4 TX+
8 RX+ 1 RX+
16 PTT 3 M+
17 RX- 2 RX-
21 GND 5,6,8 TX- / PTT GND / COR GND

since you're on the wrong side of the equator you might have to invert the + and - leads....

Last edited:
I went ahead and connected
Pin 16 PTT and
Pin 21 ground
to the foot pedal, this works fine.

External mic I connected to
Pin 7 external mic and
Pin 17 audio ground
this did not work, apparently I need a resistor and at capacitor (As there is no bias voltage provided by the radio from pin 7, may need to install a resistor and a DC blocking capacitor.)

### I still dont know what type of resistor or cap or how they should be wired up.

Jumpers
looks like none needed

Programming
looks like none needed

thanks speedway_navigator for your reply. I am using most of the pins you mentioned except
Pin 2 a ground which is possibly the same as Pin 21
and
Pin 3 which is programmable, I am using standard features so I wouldn't expect to need to program anything
Oh and Thanks for the tip on inverting + and -, but down under we just hook the positive of the battery straight to the body :)