• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Adding external speaker to XPR4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetaz834

I have a XPR4550 and obtained a HSN4032B speaker, I've checked and it is a 13W speaker which should work on the XPR4550. But, the speaker has a molex connector on the end and I would need to mod it to allow it to work.

My question is, can the connectors that are on the speaker be used in the accessory plug for the XPR4550, or is it too large to fit in the plug and I will have to order the PMLN5072A connector set?

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
You will need a 26 pin connector such as this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Motor...Connector-Kit-XPR-5550-XPR-4550-/151632657411

Or you can order the plug with the speaker wires already installed here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-415-...EEAAMXQ8k5RGRtf:sc:USPSFirstClass!28504!US!-1

I prefer to go the ultimate route and get the plug with speaker, ignition sense and programming cables already installed for a good plug and play setup. Just ordered one of these yesterday.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-415-...EEAAMXQ8k5RGRtf:sc:USPSFirstClass!28504!US!-1

N4KVE

I use this cable from this seller, but I go one step further. I have him attach the molex connector on the cable assembly to match the one on the factory Motorola speaker. But lately I have made my own cable from a USB printer cable, & the rear plug which comes in the box with a new XPR4550 radio. And the ign trigger works very nice in the car, by allowing the radio to turn on, & off with the ignition key.

Status
Not open for further replies.