• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Adding Feature Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
Just curious.....

How would one go about and buy/add feature options to a P7100? I would like to have option 33 on my radio but couldn't find anything on how/where to buy it and install it.

DisasterGuy

Contact either a dealer or Harris TAC. You will give them your current feature encryption string and they will tell you the price and give you a new string the unlocks the new feature. The feature string is found and updated in Device Manager (part of the RPM/ProGrammer) package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoopyII

Option #33 (P25 Conventional, unencrypted) is feature "YRPLCA" and the last info I had is a MSRP of $515.00. You didn't specify what band were talking about in your current radio, but if its 800, a cheaper alternative ( with a respectable feature string too ) is available here:

ebay item #131087551521.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Don't contact the Harris TAC. If you don't have a contract with them they probably won't do anything for you but tell you to find a dealer.

Find a dealer that does NOT serve your local area. Most won't help people who live in areas covered by systems that they support. But they don't care so much about it if you live outside their service area.

I think the 515 dollar price for P25 conventional is probably an old price and these days it's lower.
I upgraded a radio to add ProVoice and P25 Phase II TDMA trunking (it already had P25 trunking) for 500 bucks.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Iv had that issue. Called TAC and they wont talk to me at all. They wont even talk to Revenue Canada apparently.. They had me contact a local dealer and they wouldnt help me out either. Ended up contacting a dealer on the other side of the country. All i wanted was a service manual for a Ericsson Jaguar 700P. The dealer had to email Harris, request the PDF file, have them email it over, then the dealer forward it on to myself.. Little pain in the *** now that its harris. If your not a dealer or a military personal they wont talk to you directly anymore :(

DisasterGuy

Interesting comments here. Yes you do need an account to order directly from Harris but I have never heard of an ASC turning down business except where appropriate (ie non authorized programming).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.