Admin Request: Hurricane Watch Net Feeds for Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Would anyone be interested in providing a temporary set of disaster feeds for Amateur Radio HF Communications? We can get you setup ASAP and provide coverage across the entire east coast.

We're looking for someone with excellent east coast HF coverage of 14.325 USB (Hurricane Watch Net) and the Tar Heel Emergency Net on 3923 kHz LSB with backup at
7232 kHz LSB. Additionally, the feed should be able to remain online 24 hours a day over the next few days

If you are interested, please email us directly at:

lindsay@radioreference.com

or

audio@radioreference.com

n3qv

I should be able to feed 14.325 (and possibly 75m and 40m ham bands). My antennas for 20m, 40m, 75m are pretty good, low noise area.

I had signed up last night to broadcast 14.325. Feed link should be live early evening and be on 24/7. (can switch to indoor antennas also).

My station is located in Southeast PA.

n3qv

I guess it does. Figured in the east coast here having a local receiver couldn't hurt, not sure where that link is being received.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
n3qv, our team received your application and have approved it. Let us know if you need anything to get the feed up and running.

Look forward to hearing what you can provide! Thanks!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
How do you find it in scanner apps? The multi multi seems to be confusing them.

OCO

Rob:
United States-->Pennsylvania-->(any County) Select from the drop down..
I've sent a note to him; the audio is way too low....I can barely hear it, either with RR's player or with ScannerLive (made sure it's not a squelch issue). I'm looking at the DB for other likely streams to add to SL...Sit here playing with that rather than the HP1e..

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Thanks - just realized that some apps with the Top 50 and/or newest can see it too. But I agree it's not audible.

OCO

I just read his notice - possibly keeping the audio low until later:
Status: The Hurricane Watch Net will re-activate when Irene makes landfall Friday evening. You're now hearing normal amateur radio operators using the frequency under normal use until the net resumes on this frequency.

OCO

Kendrik:
He's probably doing the best possible; It's not like channelized FM; Other ops may be crowding the netfreq. I dragged out my FRG7000, but don't have any wire up outside..Sounded like a DX contest going on 40 meters, may be the same on 20; although you'd hope they'd back off on that to allow the various net ops that will be set up over the next few days.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Kendrik:
He's probably doing the best possible; It's not like channelized FM; Other ops may be crowding the netfreq. I dragged out my FRG7000, but don't have any wire up outside..Sounded like a DX contest going on 40 meters, may be the same on 20; although you'd hope they'd back off on that to allow the various net ops that will be set up over the next few days.

Yea i understand, i just passed it along. Hopefully it will get better.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a live feed running on my website now that covers New York City and Long Island Amateur Radio and Red Cross communications. Details on the feed can be found on my website here: http://www.w2lie.net/apps/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9752

Predictions put the center of Irene passing over my QTH (or a few miles east or west), but that is the center of the "cone of uncertainty". Hopefully the lights stay on, the internet stays up, and I can continue to broadcast this feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.