• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

ADSBexchange.com - Live Aircraft Tracking Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Database Admin
If you use the Virtual Radar Software. You can push your feed to the site.
If you use Raspberry Pi Box. The documentation on how to is listed on that FlightAware topic.

For Virtual Radar Server Feeders:
Compressed VRS
feed.adsbexchange.com
Port: 41000

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
I wish people would quit creating new sharing networks. It dilutes the sharer base. We need as many sharers as possible with as few sharing options as possible.

MtnBiker2005

Database Admin
Virtual Radar Server software works with all Mode-S/ADS-B receivers.

From the VRS website

Virtual Radar Server was written and tested using Kinetic Avionic's SBS-1er and SBS-3 radios but it will work with anything that can produce the Kinetic text message format, Kinetic's SBS-3 binary format, the AVR "*", "@" or ":" formats or the Mode-S Beast binary format.
http://virtualradarserver.co.uk

I wish people would quit creating new sharing networks. It dilutes the sharer base. We need as many sharers as possible with as few sharing options as possible.
As if people can only share to one place? I feed ads-b to a friend, adsbexchange.com, flightaware, and myself.

adsbexchange.com has it's advantages over the larger commercial sites.
Anyone already feeding flightaware with a Pi should feed adsbexchange.com and help build the network.
Very simple setup with just a few commands to your Pi.

You can also feed from VRS server.

What are you calling a "beast" ? I realize it's a format but what equipment is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.