ADSBexchange.com - Live Aircraft Tracking Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
Hi

What is required to share data? I noticed there is no coverage for Montreal, I have decent coverage.

Thanks

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
If you use the Virtual Radar Software. You can push your feed to the site.
If you use Raspberry Pi Box. The documentation on how to is listed on that FlightAware topic.

For Virtual Radar Server Feeders:
Compressed VRS
feed.adsbexchange.com
Port: 41000

D

DaveNF2G

I wish people would quit creating new sharing networks. It dilutes the sharer base. We need as many sharers as possible with as few sharing options as possible.

kma371

QRT
I wish people would quit creating new sharing networks. It dilutes the sharer base. We need as many sharers as possible with as few sharing options as possible.

Agreed, but someone has to make a buck with web advertising using their own sharing site :)

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Virtual Radar Server software works with all Mode-S/ADS-B receivers.

From the VRS website

Virtual Radar Server was written and tested using Kinetic Avionic's SBS-1er and SBS-3 radios but it will work with anything that can produce the Kinetic text message format, Kinetic's SBS-3 binary format, the AVR "*", "@" or ":" formats or the Mode-S Beast binary format.
http://virtualradarserver.co.uk

frazpo

As if people can only share to one place? I feed ads-b to a friend, adsbexchange.com, flightaware, and myself.

adsbexchange.com has it's advantages over the larger commercial sites.
Anyone already feeding flightaware with a Pi should feed adsbexchange.com and help build the network.
Very simple setup with just a few commands to your Pi.

You can also feed from VRS server.

frazpo

What are you calling a "beast" ? I realize it's a format but what equipment is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frazpo

Status
Not open for further replies.