• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Advertisements...

dmaria

Premium Subscriber
I saw an increase in the number of ads today displayed on RR. As a paying member, that bothers me.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
There is no indication that you are in fact a "paying member". Premium subscribers have a green banner next to their username in the forum, as well as a Premium Subscriber badge on their RR account page. You have neither. :unsure:

dmaria

Premium Subscriber
You are correct. It says my membership expired today. I don't recall getting a renewal notice. All good now.

Thanks

dmaria

Premium Subscriber
Well, maybe not so good. I just used my debit card to pay the fee, but I just got an email from PayPal that it was paid. Did I get charged twice?

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
I believe RR uses PayPal to process the payments, so perhaps that's what you're seeing. Premium Subscriptions are not my dept, so I can't say for certain.