Advice on Buying HandHeld Scanner Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

metwrench

I want to purchase New or Used Handheld Scanner for Picking up Multiple VHF /UHF Bands, I DONT NEED Tons of Channels Here ...16 Would be more than enough. Something EASY to Program with GOOD Volume and External Speaker Capability's ( lapel speaker ) Good Long Battery Life or Recharging would be Ideal. Can you folks Suggest One I should Look for , Or perhaps someone has one for Sale.

Thanks a Bunch
metwrench@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:

bharvey2

Almost any scanner you find will be able to pick up VHF/UHF frequencies. That's assuming you need only analog AM/FM. If you desire to listen to some of the newer digital modes like P25, your list narrows. It would be helpful if you could provide the geographical areas and entities of interest as that will have a huge impact on the type of scanner you'll need.

SCPD

QRT
I want to purchase New or Used Handheld Scanner for Picking up Multiple VHF /UHF Bands, I DONT NEED Tons of Channels Here ...16 Would be more than enough.

What are you trying to monitor? If you want to do any public safety monitoring then you'll need a trunking scanner with P25 per the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.