Advice or forum for WiFi Internet radio users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have several C.Crane WiFi radios and I love them. I have them in several rooms in my house. I occasionally have listened to public safety streams on them, but mostly to news/talk and sports. I almost never listen to music.
I've been thinking about trying a Logitech Squeezebox WiFi/Internet radio. Evidently it doesn't use Reciva, which would be different for me. Does anyone else have a Squeezebox WiFi/Internet radio and do you have any advice for me? If not the Squeezebox, do you recommend another WiFi/Internet radio? Having as many memory buttons as possible would be important to me. I am not a geek.
Also is there a forum specifically for users of WiFi/Internet radios? I would love to find one.
Thank you.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
I use the Mutant Wavio and love it. Easy to use and pretty good at holding on to a WiFi signal. You can go handheld with this unit & battery life is great. Found it on Amazon for $82. Many brands of internet radios use multiple sources for content. The Mutant's only source is CSR.VTUNER.COM. Currently there are 17,000 stations available though so I have plenty to listen to.

Edit: There are no memory buttons on the Mutant. I believe the presets and favorites you set online and access through a menu are unlimitted though. Plenty of scanners, news, talk and sports available.

Have you noticed that most football games are not available live over the net?

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you, BeerNutz. I appreciate the feedback. Yes, I too have noticed that almost no play-by-play sports programming is available on WiFi/Internet radio. I guess the Powers-That-Be will block anything that can make them some money by requiring a payment. That's a shame. I do also like to listen to ordinary fans who call in after a sporting event to voice their opinions about what happened. Usually this kind of audio is available. Thank you again.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's not as active as I would like but there's at least one Yahoo group devoted to WiFi ...

wifiradio : Wi-Fi Internet Radio

I have the Pico Rcvo - discontinued for some time but I won it at a Winterfest (one of the few good things I've ever won at a raffle I might add). It has both a FM and wifi radio, and it sounds terrific for such a small radio. If you can find these used, it's a great radio. It uses the Receiva network

best regards..Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.