• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Afilliation list question

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Hi guys,

I'm new to uni-trunker and couldn't find an explanation of the colors used of the affiliation list. Some ID's are green, others are greyish/white. The greyish id's don't usually have talkgroups next to them. What does this mean? Are these denied ID's or something?

Also, I've had multiple hits on talkgroup 10000. I have the output in Hex right now. How is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

The HEX 10000 (and I had to pull out the calc for this), is DEC 65536, which is also 2^16 bits, but is also known as the site identification. Generally, the call-sign of the site is being brodcast on the last channel at that site. I think Rick chose this as a place holder. It's a UT specific message for the ID broadcast.

The green color is the default color assigned to all talkgroups in UT. You can change the color to match your liking. The white/grey color is "affiliation". The green should be "full registration", if I understand the way Rick coded the display.

I may be wrong on these, but I like it when Rick corrects me :)

Unitrunker uses ID 10000 (hex) or 65536 (decimal) for the Motorola base station identification (aka CW ID) that briefly ties up a channel with the station license in Morse code.

Green is the default color for new IDs. You can change that on a per-system basis.

If you imported data from the RR DB, there is a dictionary of "color words" used to assign default colors based on the content of the group ID text labels / alpha tags. Blue for police, red for fire/ems, yellow for schools, and so on. I don't recall what use was assigned to grey/silver. I can dig that up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.