AFRN Shelby County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Have been unable to hear any Shelby County Public safety traffic on the AFRN anymore. I have all the ids in, and have only been hearing Lifesaver on their channel. I am monitoring the TelVue site. Has anything changed?

PapaG

WB4IAR
Premium Subscriber
I live 2 air miles away from the TelView site and have noticed the same issue. Try the Jefferson County Simulcast site which is also on the Telview tower on 857.5375c 856.1875a, 856.5375a, 857.0375a. You will hear Hoover PD & FD, Vestavia PD & FD, Rocky Ridge FD and others.

medic9351301

Banned
Yes I can confirm this.
I have spoken with a friend who is pretty knowledgeable on Shelby afrn.
At one time he said to much traffic was going across telvue . Try the signal Mt site it's a power house . Depending on what agencies you want to hear . You might here them . Also the jeffco p 25 site has a lsm problem. If you are in range of more than one tower u will experience it . If u are a good distance should be OK. The jeffco p 25 is not fully up and running . Last I heard it was going full around June .

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Yes I can confirm this.
I have spoken with a friend who is pretty knowledgeable on Shelby afrn.
At one time he said to much traffic was going across telvue . Try the signal Mt site it's a power house . Depending on what agencies you want to hear . You might here them . Also the jeffco p 25 site has a lsm problem. If you are in range of more than one tower u will experience it . If u are a good distance should be OK. The jeffco p 25 is not fu

Status
Not open for further replies.