AHP troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6766j

I pulled up a map of AHP troops and ASP troops. They appear identical and have the same designations. (A - I). However, the RR data shows the AHP troops labeled as numbered troops, not by letter. I the RR list complete?

I ended up loading the entire ASP listing into each county we will be traveling through while in Arkansas.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Post the maps you found. I think they were showing the same. DoT districts are numbered while ASP troops are lettered. This has been discussed before in other threads and it's always confusing because ARDOT doesn't have that info published (last I looked, that is).

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say. I meant to say - I think the maps you found are the same map (both showing ASP troops) as AHP districts are not the same and are numbered, not lettered. As has been discussed in the past, it doesn't seem like anyone can find a AHP districts map...or at least couldn't at that time.

jbdinki

Here is an ahp map

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-14-08-57-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-14-08-57-44.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 329

jbdinki

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-14-09-44-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-14-09-44-59.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 321

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Someone pleaseeeeee WIKI that, and with this and ASP map, no more confusion unless AR follows so many other states in combining dispatch centers, and planning redistricting (the last thank goodness is still just in talking stages in most places.) Because to combine AHP and ASP would be problematic in that if I recall, AHP, like MDOTE in MS, is centrally dispatched from the HQ. With ASP, like pretty much all State Police/Highway Patrol, has multiple regional dispatch centers. Also, anyone know if AR is ever adding an MAP (Motorist Assistance Patrol) system like the other states? Even MS has a limited one now from what I hear. (Nothing like LA, TN, NC, SC, IN etc,,,)

jbdinki

Unless they did away there used to be a assistance patrol in the west memphis areas on I40 and I55 corridors. That is the only one i have ever known of in the state

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Someone pleaseeeeee WIKI that, and with this and ASP map, no more confusion unless AR follows so many other states in combining dispatch centers, and planning redistricting (the last thank goodness is still just in talking stages in most places.) Because to combine AHP and ASP would be problematic in that if I recall, AHP, like MDOTE in MS, is centrally dispatched from the HQ. With ASP, like pretty much all State Police/Highway Patrol, has multiple regional dispatch centers. Also, anyone know if AR is ever adding an MAP (Motorist Assistance Patrol) system like the other states? Even MS has a limited one now from what I hear. (Nothing like LA, TN, NC, SC, IN etc,,,)

Yes, AHP is dispatched from one center in LR. ASP is dispatched at each troop HQ for that troop.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
jbdinki,

Thanks for the map - I haven't seen that before and we've looked for it. I think milf probably remembers those discussions, too, as someone would always show up and argue that ASP and AHP were the same thing and (as you know) they aren't.

jbdinki

People tend to get confused because asp calls their patrol troopers the highway patrol division of the arkansas state police

jbdinki

I have never been able to confirm that there is any traffic of District 6 radio ids. have ran across alot of wrong info all over the database. Anyone ever herd traffic of this ID?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I have never been able to confirm that there is any traffic of District 6 radio ids. have ran across alot of wrong info all over the database. Anyone ever herd traffic of this ID?

I was thinking the same but since I don't travel the entire state I thought it may just be because I'm not near a tower with a D6 radio affiliated with it. I am in D5 (so AHP D2).

I think the database in wrong on that one - a db admin could probably look back and see where the info came from but I think it was erroneous. There are only 5 AHP districts by all indications from resources.

The db is only as good as the info that people submit to it for the admins to update.

jbdinki

I know they have a roving unit, I.E. huge wrecker and clean up units also could be link between ahp and adot units. I have herd traffic on all area dips except #6

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I didn’t know they had any wrecker or anything but maybe it stays down around I40 and stuff. But same here...nothing on those TGs heard by me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.