Air Evac - PHI, Inc. AZ. New Repeaters, Frequencies and Digital Squelch tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerhead

On 155.325Mhz I've noticed that Air Evac in the Valley is now using a
Digital Coded Squelch tone of DCS 156. (Not the PL tone used before. If
you still have the old CTCSS tone programmed you're not hearing them.) It's
also a Repeater now and I believe it's referred to as White Tanks.

I've also found a new Frequency for Air Evac in the Valley: 153.530
with a DCS of 156. This is also a conventional Repeater and according
to the FCC site it is transmitting from the "TALLEY BUILDING 44TH &
THOMAS."
Here's a link to the FCC License: WQJN819:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQJN819 - PHI, INC

Each frequency is carrying different traffic. They don't appear to be
linked.

They have several new FCC licenses listed, just search: PHI, INC
Another one is 155.2875, Mt Ord.

Anyone have any better info on thier system?

Keith

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
No AZ AirEvac freq

I can confirm AirEvac 3 on 156.780 with a DCS of 156. They ID the freq as Bill Williams. That's probably explains why I haven't heard any traffic on 155.325 for awhile.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I can confirm AirEvac 3 on 156.780 with a DCS of 156. They ID the freq as Bill Williams. That's probably explains why I haven't heard any traffic on 155.325 for awhile.

There's a bunch of new licenses on these guys. I was able to confirm the new one on Mt Lemmon recently, same DCS. The latest updates were just posted on the ArizonaScanner Yahoo Group.

I'll go ahead and add what you've supplied here to the database. As we confirm the new freqs, can they be submitted for inclusion to the database please?

Thanks,

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin

John,

Just double checking, the freq you heard AirEvac 3 on was 156.78mhz? From the new listing on ArizonaScanner, it has the freq as 156.18mhz.

Thanks,

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
John,

Just double checking, the freq you heard AirEvac 3 on was 156.78mhz? From the new listing on ArizonaScanner, it has the freq as 156.18mhz.

Thanks,

Sorry, must have been a typo (or actually trying to distiguish a '7' from a '1' with these tired eyes :roll:)

Actually was 156.180 DCS 156

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello All,

I just updated the Statewide Medevac linke ( Medevac Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference ), with a new sub-category called "PHI Inc, New Updates".

Please, submit confirmation of the other frequencies that are in use. I separated it out from the older frequencies. As you can, please verify that the older PHI frequencies are no longer in use, or are they?

Thanks,

Fubar

Premium Subscriber
Any updates, are the old frequencies still in use?

Ravenboy2003

Any updates, are the old frequencies still in use?

PHI is currently implementing a statewide (multiple states in the U.S.) ROIP network (Cisco based) and are attempting to move all of their operations to independantly owned frequencies instead of constantly sharing with hospitals and other public safety agencies. Hence the recent changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.