Air Force monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD9DJC

I'm interested in USAF communications, and would just like to know where to start (frequencies, what modes they use, when, etc.)

larry308

There are 2 Air Refueling tracks in your area 640A 305.5 primary, 320.9 secondary and 604B 291.9 primary and 320.9 secondary . Also NORAD . If you will send m your address by private link, I 'll send you my nationwide list,(not totally up to date for your area.

KD9DJC

Is there a website or something I can look up these frequencies on? I'm not willing to give my address.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Check 252.1, 277.7,300.125, 311.0, 343.5, and 364.2 NASA 809 (U2) was on 353.55 a few days ago . Also check www.air2airshare.com/milaircoms
This is good site, it has map where monitors log freqs.

Larry, when I click that link I get the following,,,,
Not Found

The requested URL /milaircoms was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I sent you my location via pm. May I view your nationwide list ? Interested in seeing whats available for Long Island

Thanks

stealthradios

Larry, when I click that link I get the following,,,,
Not Found

The requested URL /milaircoms was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I sent you my location via pm. May I view your nationwide list ? Interested in seeing whats available for Long Island

Thanks

He missed a letter, the address is Military Comms Monitoring MilAir Frequencies HF VHF UHF

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
KD9DJC, please note to include Grissom AFB in Indiana, Volk Field in WI, Truax Field in Madison WI, General Mitchel Field, In Milwaukee, Peoria's airport, Camp Atterbury in Southern Indiana in your searches. All have military units stationed there. To have optimal reception, get an antenna up outside as high as possible. Also, add all Chicago center frequencies (ZAU) included UHF in your receiver. Best advice is to be patient. Do not expect to turn on the radio and expect to instantly hear traffic.

stealthradios

Now thats a cool site. Only problem for me with the spotter logs is they have not been updated since 05/19/14

Not sure which page on the site you were looking at but the pages I'm looking at has the last update on 9/11/16.

MilAirComms Real-Time Frequency Logger MilAir Comms Spotter Network

On the homepage, left side, also displays the last frequencies added, and the last few spotters logs, on when I look there's update from 9/11/16 as well. Maybe you were doing a frequency search and the last time that frequency had a loging was 2014? Just a thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.