Air Force One Arrival Friday, April 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Air Force One scheduled rrival in Las Vegas on Friday, April 5, 2019 at 11:05 PM PDT (2:05 AM EDT 4/6/19):

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
He's headed out to DC tomorrow afternoon....

12:25PM/3:25PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at McCarran International Airport

12:35PM/3:35PM THE PRESIDENT departs Las Vegas, NV en route to Washington, D.C.

Hooligan

Been watching the cap operations and found them on 271.0

I heard BIGFOOT et al. up on the 271.0 NDAG as well, late Friday night/early Saturday morning, and while it makes a lot of sense to have a CAP up when you've got both the POTUS *and* VPOTUS spending the night in Las Vegas, I don't think a POTUS CAP was up over the LV area.

Nellis, & the NNTR had a lot of ATC & mission-comms taking place late Friday night & early Saturday morning as a large variety of aircraft including an AWACS launched from Nellis & transited thru the NTTR for a special, secret-squirrel air & ground exercise inside the Utah Test & Training Range & then returned to Nellis. Many of these aircraft -- multiple aerial refuelers, RC-135, MC-130s, JSTARS, AWACS, B-52s, etc. were up on ADS-B and they & the fast-movers & rotary-wing assets were up on UHF-AM non-secure + HQ, VHF interplane, etc.

So did you actually hear a CAP up over the Vegas area, or did you hear 271.0 come-alive and make the easy assumption that there was a CAP up over Vegas, as I initially did?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I heard Noble 01 and 02 refueling from Taboo 42 and 43 during the last few hours of the TFR after AF1 left the freq went silent. I tried to get out and take a picture but the sun angle was bad and they were up around 23000 feet. I don't have good enough camera glass for detailed shots like that.

Hooligan

I heard Noble 01 and 02 refueling from Taboo 42 and 43 during the last few hours of the TFR after AF1 left the freq went silent. I tried to get out and take a picture but the sun angle was bad and they were up around 23000 feet.

OK -- sounds like an Operation Noble Eagle CAP to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.