• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Air Force One - Obama's TAXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMT

It's hard to believe that CBS actually said something that wasn't flattering to this so-called President!
Air Force One:
This is from Mark Knoller of CBS.
The pilots and crew of Air Force One are flying more hours than a rookie on a beer run.
They are tired of it too, and are adding more crew to Air Force-1, - I know this for a fact because I'm one of the instructors that trains the crews.
Our company (Atlas Air) has had the Air Force-1 and E-4 contract for over two years and I've been doing it for about 8 months now.
Last year (2010) Obama flew in Air Force One 172 times, almost every other day.
White House officials have been telling reporters in recent days that the Democrat doesn't intend to hang around the White House quite so much in 2011.
They explain he wants to get out more around the country because, as everyone knows, that midterm election shellacking on Nov. 2 had nothing to do with his health care bill, over-spending or other policies, and everything to do with Obama's not adequately explaining himself to his countrymen and women.

And with only 490 days remaining in Obama's never ending presidential campaign, the incumbent's travel pace will not likely slacken..
At an Air Force-estimated cost of $181,757 per flight HOUR (not to mention the additional travel costs of Marine One, Secret Service, logistics and local police overtime), that's a lot of frequent flier dollars going into Obama's carbon footprint.
$80 Million every time it lands & takes off.

We are privy to some of these numbers thanks to CBS' Mark Knoller, a bearded national treasure trove of presidential stats.
According to Knoller's copious notes, during the last year, Obama made 65 domestic trips over 104 days, and six trips to eight countries over 22 days. Not counting six vacation trips over 32 days..

He took 196 helicopter trips, signed 203 pieces of legislation and squeezed in 29 rounds of left-handed golf.
Obama last year gave 491 speeches, remarks or statements.
That's more talking than goes on in some entire families, at least from fatherly mouths.
In fact, even including the 24 days of 2010 that we never saw Obama in public, his speaking works out to about one official utterance every 11 waking hours.

Aides indicate the "Real Good Talker" believes we need more.
Related: Obama spends nearly half his presidency outside Washington, plans to travel more.
Related:
Vacationer-in-Chief Spends $1..75 Million to Visit Hawaiian Chums.
Obama has spent over $100 million taxpayer dollars flying around in Air Force One, and probably another $100 million on his entourage.
Obama is just another tin-pot dictator living lavishly at the expense of his subjects.
And we seniors have to "tighten our belts" because we aren't getting a COLA again this year... And none last year!

K3HY

Premium Subscriber

SCPD

Thanks for those links that show the true facts.
It's kind of sad that the trolls can't scrape up anything other than rumors.
I have to agree with you K3HY.Why bother with how many times Obama flew on AF-1? There are many other things to cover about this failed administration.I would rather talk about how Obama has failed to create jobs,the Solar Scandal and Fast and Furious just to name a few.

Last edited:

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
The trickle down theory didn't work, when wall street got bailed out twice.
If the CEO's invest in their own company instead of their own greedy selves, the trickle up theory might work, as people spend more, from less payroll tax.
Greed is what made the economy great and greed will be it's downfall.
My only candidate criteria, is for a candidate that is not motivated by greed.
None of them think, long term.
Unfortunately, they are all human beings and don't qualify.
Their idea of long term thinking is only thinking in 4 year intervals.
Thinking long term is silly, like preparing for a long term catastrophe.
In their I, Me, Mine way of thinking, the hell with the future generations.
So, instead of feeling forced to vote for the lesser evil, I will continue exercise my right to not vote.

____________________________________________________________________________________
"Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody." - Franklin Pierce Adams

Last edited:

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
It's hard to believe that CBS actually said something that wasn't flattering to this so-called President!
Air Force One:
This is from Mark Knoller of CBS.
The pilots and crew of Air Force One are flying more hours than a rookie on a beer run.
They are tired of it too, and are adding more crew to Air Force-1, - I know this for a fact because I'm one of the instructors that trains the crews.
Thats Odd. For Operational Security, One would think that the Air Force would do the training. I watched National Geographic about a year or so ago , Where the incoming Colonel for Air Force One was trained by the outgoing Colonel - Pilot. Marine One Pilots tested the incoming pilots to see who made the cut, and those that made the cut got the job. Just as my Military days, which I will not be specific about. I was trained coming in, and I trained my replacement. Operationa Security....No civilians allowed. Security clearances held by the Military, no civilians.

Our company (Atlas Air) has had the Air Force-1 and E-4 contract for over two years and I've been doing it for about 8 months now.
Last year (2010) Obama flew in Air Force One 172 times, almost every other day.
White House officials have been telling reporters in recent days that the Democrat doesn't intend to hang around the White House quite so much in 2011.
He is being a leader and getting out, as he is suposed to do. At least he is not staying hid inside the White House,or spending time at Marthas Vineyard plaing golf ; letting the country run itself.

According to Knoller's copious notes, during the last year, Obama made 65 domestic trips over 104 days, and six trips to eight countries over 22 days. Not counting six vacation trips over 32 days.
That is what he is payed to do. Speak and meet with foreign leaders, Goodwill and international relations. At least he is getting out. As in a previous post, it is money already budgeted. Secret Service has a budget. Money spent by the director for the purpose of performing their jobs.

Obama is just another tin-pot dictator living lavishly at the expense of his subjects.And we seniors have to "tighten our belts" because we aren't getting a COLA again this year... And none last year!
It is a house and senate problem to. The people we, as a country elect make the decisions and pass laws that affect us ; Not just the President.

FF - Medic !!!

ff-medic

Banned
I have to agree with you K3HY.Why bother with how many times Obama flew on AF-1? There are many other things to cover about this failed administration.I would rather talk about how Obama has failed to create jobs,the Solar Scandal and Fast and Furious just to name a few.

The "Fast and Furious" was done by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol - Tobacco - Firearms and Explosives. The ATFE Director is responsible, and as I understand ; has since resigned / been replaced.

Scenerio. Your kids skip school for a week, while you are at work. You are unaware that they skipped school, till the police show up and arrest you, cause your kids were truant. They were in a video store for a week, unknown to you. You go to jail, see the magistrate / judge and get bonded out. Your court case is in 30 days. What do you tell the judge?

Being the parent, YES you are ultimately responsbile ; but that means that YOU as a parent, after that incident ; need to keep a tighter rein on your kids, and they need severly disciplined so it does not happen again. Being a leader and being able to see everything, and being responsible is two different things. Take your lickings, and punish those responsible. As they say - Crap rolls downhill.

The Fast and Furious scandal was done at cabinet level, not the White House. If you read the news reports, media dissemination and gun magazines ; there was motivations by ATF, as well as what I would descibe as negligence ; in firemarms being allowed in Mexico. It failed and backfired on ATFE severly, causing significant political as well as media repercussions. Such as the Waco incident, the Fast and Furious incident was done by inexperienced people. Inept or new investigators in the Fast and Furious, and people not trained for "tactical" applications in Waco. The video proves it.

Obama is guilty of spending, I will admit to that. But job growth is dependant on all levels of Government, just not the executive level.

FF - Medic !!!

ff-medic

Banned
I will continue exercise my right to not vote.
Then you sir, have no right to gripe or complain about politics.

Some people don't have a right to vote. Women fought for it for years, along with sufferage and other rights.

Some see voting as a duty, and not a right.

FF - Medic !!!

____________________________________________________________________________________
"Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody." - Franklin Pierce Adams[/QUOTE]

SCPD

The "Fast and Furious" was done by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol - Tobacco - Firearms and Explosives. The ATFE Director is responsible, and as I understand ; has since resigned / been replaced.

Scenerio. Your kids skip school for a week, while you are at work. You are unaware that they skipped school, till the police show up and arrest you, cause your kids were truant. They were in a video store for a week, unknown to you. You go to jail, see the magistrate / judge and get bonded out. Your court case is in 30 days. What do you tell the judge?

Being the parent, YES you are ultimately responsbile ; but that means that YOU as a parent, after that incident ; need to keep a tighter rein on your kids, and they need severly disciplined so it does not happen again. Being a leader and being able to see everything, and being responsible is two different things. Take your lickings, and punish those responsible. As they say - Crap rolls downhill.

The Fast and Furious scandal was done at cabinet level, not the White House. If you read the news reports, media dissemination and gun magazines ; there was motivations by ATF, as well as what I would descibe as negligence ; in firemarms being allowed in Mexico. It failed and backfired on ATFE severly, causing significant political as well as media repercussions. Such as the Waco incident, the Fast and Furious incident was done by inexperienced people. Inept or new investigators in the Fast and Furious, and people not trained for "tactical" applications in Waco. The video proves it.

Obama is guilty of spending, I will admit to that. But job growth is dependant on all levels of Government, just not the executive level.

FF - Medic !!!
The buck stops with Obama in both cases! It his adminestration!

ff-medic

Banned
The buck stops with Obama in both cases! It his adminestration!
Air Force One is ---> A secure and safe means of travel. Allows the President to communicate with subordinate personnel and commands. Allows speaking to / meeting with, other personnel on the aircraft in a secure manner ---- >Some airline companies in the past have been guilty of "Bugging " their aircraft. International travel is a huge one. Corporate businessman, government officials ; alot of them guilty of being received covertly. "Aeroflot" is a big one for bugging aircraft. The KGB ( FSB ) has done their share of listening in surreptiously to conversations of airline passengers. Motels and Hotels abroad are not the only guilty partys of secret / covert / surreptious surveillance. State, as well as corporate secrets is huge intel to a foreign intelligence organization. ( I am Prior U.S. Military ). So Air Force One does not have to be " Debugged" or "Swept" for covert listening / covert video devices.

Air Force One also allows him unrestricted flight, not hindered by time or wait constraints ( Aircraft makeup : size & range of operations ). Domestic and International travel. Allows staff and senior personnel to travel with him. Operates as a secure command base in time of National Emergency, such as "9/11." Is a great evacuation method in time of a national security incident or personal threat.

The way I see it, Air Force One is cheaper than : renting an aircraft of similar or same size, paying the fuel cost, as well as miscellaneous expenses that come with renting an Aircraft. So, esentially , Air Force One pays for itself. And the United States Air Force does a great job keeping the President, Vice - President ; as well as senior staff safe. Physically and operational wise.

Cost incurred, versus cost spent for renting a similar aircraft.

The hype by the press is just liberal media organizations starting a jealous hysteria.

"Some" People are ticked at Obama. Did they say anything about Clintons antics? Antics that they tryed to "Hush", or through prejudice ; failed to adequately report on ( Lewinski scandal ). For fear of demeaning someone they liked.

FF - Medic !!

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
Hmmm. I wasn't aware the 1st Amendment is only for those who vote!!
It's not. They were just talking out their snout.

The above article states various expenses, But those expenses are not itemized, exclusively.

Money for this and money for that.

Example - The pilots salary. The pilots get paid wheather they fly or not. They get a salary each month.

Maintenance - It occurs every so many flight hours, and even if it does not fly. Air Force crewman perform routine maintenance checks and services based on the aircraft.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some people post on this board, pretending to be smarter than they actually are. People ranting to be ranting, or it is the norm of evertone else, and they have not the intestinal fortitude to stand by themselves ; and speak of their own personal opinions.

FF - Medic !!!

Stavro35

The butt hurt from the racist on this thread is entertaining. he's one of the most successful presidents in years. He was actually elected. Bush,was never elected.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
The butt hurt from the racist on this thread is entertaining. he's one of the most successful presidents in years. He was actually elected. Bush,was never elected.
They aren't racists.
They are just ethnically challenged and hate all races different from their own.

SCPD

he's one of the most successful presidents in years. He was actually elected. Bush,was never elected.
Successful in what...increasing our debt to $15 trillion? This president has spent more money in three years then Bush did in 8 years! Is that how you measure sucess?

SCPD

They aren't racists.
They are just ethnically challenged and hate all races different from their own.
I hate those on the left who turn everything into a race issue yet have no problem attacking and tearing down a black republican presidential candidate at all cost!

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
I hate those on the left who turn everything into a race issue yet have no problem attacking and tearing down a black republican presidential candidate at all cost!
He's far from being torn down.
He might even be Newt's VP.
You never know.

kb2vxa

Banned
COME UP TO SPEED PEOPLE!

Originally Posted by BMT;
Obama is just another tin-pot dictator living lavishly at the expense of his subjects.And we seniors have to "tighten our belts" because we aren't getting a COLA again this year... And none last year!

We got our COLA this year but ff-medic never noticed and wrote:
It is a house and senate problem to. The people we, as a country elect make the decisions and pass laws that affect us ; Not just the President.

The people we, as a country elect dictators who ignore our wishes and make the decisions passing laws that affect us; not just the President who usually vetoes them and substitutes his own proclamations and decrees.

There, that looks better. Never mind the lousy typing I corrected in the process. (;->)

Status
Not open for further replies.