• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Air Force ?

bottk

Premium Subscriber
Alright all you experts , I've been getting hits on close call 996T
i lI've in Wamego is the frequency is 338.950 I've read where it could be aircraft ?
what do you all think
comes in 3 to 4 times then gone no sound when I hope on it
hope you guys can help

Mark

Premium Subscriber
That is known WBFM signal freq from Navy E-6B or USAF E-4B type aircraft.. Sort of like aircraft
to ground signal for emergency coms.Have that plugged in my scanner rotation.
Some more on that and others alrerady here on RR.Years ago heard many muffled voice coms
on these but with newer Satcoms the aircraft keep these up as backups mostly while flying in US airspace.
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/northstar-wbfm.349270/

Last edited:

bottk

Premium Subscriber
My post should have been in kansas forum
we have fort Riley they are p25 everything is encrypted probably why there's no sound
thanks for the shout out