Airspy SDR by SDR# author

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Well it was an overall weak signal issue, but I think the primary issue may have been me! I'm having much better fortune with it now. It's doing a pretty good job of what I want it to do so it's probably a keeper.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how Airspy stacks up against it. This comparison should be a good topic of conversation going forward although they are in many ways apples vs. oranges.

It's definitely not like an AOR or whatever but seems OK. I would like to update the firmware because I heard there are some improvements with imaging but the Linux contortions required turn me off.

Flatliner

Mine still says "processing".

I wonder how long DHL will take to get them here.

iMall will show "processing" as soon as the order is placed. Youssef Touil et al have been making this radio appear just a few weeks ago since springtime (when he wasn't busy insulting people). Anyway, it looks as if it just may, after many promises, broken, be finally about to be delivered to those who bothered to show interest - those Youssef actually described as "fools".

Markb

Premium Subscriber
That is why I will not give Youusef a dime of my money - I don't care how good the Airspy is.
Most of his insulting behavior could have been avoided simply by providing occasional brief updates to likely future customers.
No Airspy or SDR# for me, thank you very much!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That is why I will not give Youusef a dime of my money - I don't care how good the Airspy is.
Most of his insulting behavior could have been avoided simply by providing occasional brief updates to likely future customers.
No Airspy or SDR# for me, thank you very much!

Insulting aside, SDR# is a beautiful piece of workmanship. Low CPU usage, great performance, support for anything I'm likely to use. If I don't want to be insulted, I simply don't say anything to him.

I'm hoping the AirSpy is not a disappointment, and i'm betting it won't be. I'm anxious for mine to arrive.

A Fool

Flatliner

I had intended to buy, but soon tired of witnessing his diatribes. If one comes up for sale, second-hand, on eBay, I'll probably grab one for the radio collection, but he's certainly not going to benefit from a penny of my money.

I reckon that the next year will produce a lot of new SDRs to play with. For now, I have enough radio kit to play with.

prog

Premium Subscriber
Some people already received their tracking numbers. Some are still waiting. Patience!

mancow

Database Admin
I got my tracking number just now.

5 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG 23:31
4 Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 22:43
3 Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 22:36
2 Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:50
1 Shipment picked up SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 18:56

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Me too. Although my tracking doesn't show that there has been any customs status update. last thing I see is Departed Facility in SHENZHEN-CHINA blah blah.

Guess mancow's got out the door before mine. Although I suspect there is a single shipment to the US with a bunch of recipients.

At any rate, DHL claims I'll have mine by end of day Monday, Nov 24. Of course,a lot can happen between now and then, and between Timbukchina and here.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.