• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

alabama gas co

Status
Not open for further replies.

18Delta

Premium Subscriber
I live in north Shelby county and I hear them on 153.515 with an input of 158.16.
That may not be the case in Jefferson county however.

puzzleriddle

many years back (when I was in Montgomery) They went an IDEN system (Southern co AL power's Parent Company operated. The IDEN system was supposed to going EOL soon but don't know any more details than thtat.;) I gave up on listening to them many years ago.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
I've heard them on 153.515 and 158.205, both 114.8 PL. The traffic I heard on 158.205 was referencing an address in Bessemer. I believe I've heard them on several other frequencies as well, but unfortunately those are the only ones I have logged.

They are licensed for quite a few repeaters around the state. Most/all of them are licensed for MOTOTRBO voice, in addition to narrowband analog. Also all of the radios I heard in use sounded like Motorola XPRs, so they probably have TRBO capability if desired.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
many years back (when I was in Montgomery) They went an IDEN system (Southern co AL power's Parent Company operated. The IDEN system was supposed to going EOL soon but don't know any more details than thtat.;).
Does EOL mean End Of Life ? I know several agencies and business that use the Southern Linc. As a scanner listener I wish and dream the the Lincs would end. I'm sure it would be replaced with a new digital system it it ended if what you posted is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.