Alabama Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Good Evening Everyone,

Can someone please tell me what the frequencies for Alabama Power are, I put the ones in that was in the RRDB but no luck, THANKS

cessna_172

Alabama Power started migrating to the Southern Link system between 15-20 years ago. Maybe even longer ago than that. I remember back in the mid 90's they were already working on the new system and had some hardware installed in some of their vehicles. They used to have quiet a few UHF repeaters on the air but these went by the wayside about 15 years or more ago. There was a short time when they had some of the UHF repeaters cross linked with the Southern Linc system but not for long. Unfortunately we can no longer listen to them. I always loved tuning in during a power outage or bad weather to hear what was going on. All of the former UHF tower sites, at least the ones that I'm familiar with now host the Southern Linc system. I miss the old days of scanning.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Alabama Power is part of the Southern Company. The Southern Company also includes Southern Nuclear, Georgia Power, Mississippi Power, Gulf Power, Southern Company Gas, Southern Telecom, Southern Linc, Southern Power Secure and Sequent Energy Management. They all use the Southern Linc System for obvious reasons.

Several years ago, they offered cellular service to the public through Southern Linc. I think they have moved away from that, however.

Railham_CJ

Premium Subscriber
Alabama Power is part of the Southern Company. The Southern Company also includes Southern Nuclear, Georgia Power, Mississippi Power, Gulf Power, Southern Company Gas, Southern Telecom, Southern Linc, Southern Power Secure and Sequent Energy Management. They all use the Southern Linc System for obvious reasons.

Several years ago, they offered cellular service to the public through Southern Linc. I think they have moved away from that, however.

They still offer cellular to the public along with a new serivce called CriticalLinc.

jfarr318

SouthernLinc

Thanks for the reply, I have the BCD436HP or dose it not what scanner they can't be picked up ?

The SouthernLinc system was a Motorola iDEN (same type system as Nextel). The legacy system is in a current state of being decomissioned and is being replaced by a new LTE system known as CriticalLinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.