• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Alameda County

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello, just recently arrived in the Fremont area and hope to spend the winter in CA. Loaded up the V folder for Alemeda County and not really hearing alot, and it seems everything that I am hearing has alot of static. I tried both the stock Ant. for the Pro-96 and the 800 RS Ant. with same results. I assume this must just be the system? Would anyone in this area want to share a win96 file for this area? Thanks

Well First the ALmeda County TRS System is All Analog for now...
And I recive it just fine albeit staticy down here in San Francisco
Also bear in mind that Berkely, Albany, and Hayward for example have their own
Channels
SOOO
Anyhow,
OH and Oakland an Piedmont share their own as well:)

So have fun enjoy your stay
And remember while one area may be quiet the next may be mayhem if your an obvious tourist..
Just FYI
Warmest regard
Ride BART,
and Have Fun...
Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.