• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Alaskan cruise in August, looking for frequencies of interest

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Not a lot of activity in this state forum but hoping for the best. I will be taking a Princess cruise beginning August 3, up to Juneau, then Skagway, Ketchikan and finally Victoria BC. There are a few good ones listed below, especially for the White Pass railroad trip.

Will probably be bringing a Whistler TRX1, no amateur equipment.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick
WB4SQI

MtnBiker2005

Database Admin
Ruby Princess
Looks like you will see lots of other cruise ships doing your cruise.
Link: CruiseCal.com > Itinerary Print

Some of the ships DMR info posted in this Cruise Ship Frequencies thread.
Link: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/cruise-ship-frequencies.68307/page-7

Cruise Ship & Maritime Frequencies
Link: Cruise Ship & Maritime Frequencies

Last post you can print out the PDF about the sites thats in range doing the Alaska Cruise. (Handy if you also do Pro96com from the cabin room)
Link: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/almr-p25-pro96com-reports-site-neighbors.113709/

Last edited:

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Yes sir, Ruby Princess. I have the four shipboard UHF DMR frequencies, hard to believe they have four separate repeaters but I guess with all the service personnel they need a lot of radios on different frequencies.

Still on the fence about taking a laptop, especially if I can get the TRX1 programmed close to what I need/want.

thanks,

And those are the "Reported Four" Repeaters
I would say search 457/467 Mhz as you may find more than reported

Many are adding the 12.5 khz channels and others going 6.25 khz

Yes sir, Ruby Princess. I have the four shipboard UHF DMR frequencies, hard to believe they have four separate repeaters but I guess with all the service personnel they need a lot of radios on different frequencies.

Still on the fence about taking a laptop, especially if I can get the TRX1 programmed close to what I need/want.

thanks,