Albert pike recreation area

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

I plan to visit this coming weekend, I know its not like it used to be after the flood..I have loaded up Montgomery, and pike counties, AWIN plus conventional plus forestry. Is there any thing I am missing that I have not found?
Thanks,
Jerry

wbswetnam

I plan to visit this coming weekend, I know its not like it used to be after the flood..I have loaded up Montgomery, and pike counties, AWIN plus conventional plus forestry. Is there any thing I am missing that I have not found?
Thanks,
Jerry
Nope.

cajunjerry

I just can't see them not having safety communication, security ,other than the forestry and sheriff..I will do some hard frequency searches when I am there.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
99% of everything there is on AWIN. A little VHF if any issues with AWIN arise.

cajunjerry

Riding around in the park area with close call on this is what I caught
166.6. 170.9375. No nac or pl..should I post this in the federal forum too?
Jerry
Yeah, that's MAC 4...guess they requested to use it for some reason.
motorcycle rally for three days special event.
Only conventional still primary that I know of is Hot Springs Village , Mt Pine, lifenet EMS and ER's... If City is still on old system then FD is UHF. If the new 700 is up then everyone is on it
Yes, you should. But program in the 700 MHz Hot Springs system as well, with wildcard set "just in case"!
Any NEW TGs on AWIN for Garland you find please do submit them, as well as if the VFD's still tone out on VHF.
The feed status says "INTERNET OUTAGE DUE TO CABLE LINE CUT. POSSIBLE OUTAGE ALL WEEKEND " If that is the current situation, there's not much that can be done about it until the link to the internet is repaired. I don't know what discussions have taken place about the feed or if there is in fact a contract with a person to provide the feed. But if there is, complaining to the sheriff's dept that the feed isn't up might result in the agency ending the contract (if there is one), and the feed being terminated permanently.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The Garland County feed is about dead anyway as SO, County VFD's, are now full time AWIN. The feed ONLY carried the analog stuff, and ONLY county, as the radio the guy uses cant do P25, or trunking. Currently the only thing he can still run on it is Hot Springs Village, Mountain Pine, Diamond Head, and Lifenet EMS. He can't even run Hot Springs Fire as they are UHF and his radio is VHF. So unless he upgrades to an P25 Phase II scanner, or buys an new APX radio... The writing is on the wall here.

Status
Not open for further replies.