Albuquerque gets monies for radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
NM governor signs bill for PTSD for fire fighters to have coverage with their dept/employer.

More interesting is the fact they finally admit one agency has a problem with old radio equipment and buying parts to replacements off eBay.

This is VERY common in New Mexico unfortunately as I could name more than 2 hand fulls of towns or small cities or counties using auction surplus, ebay, online refurbs, parts from ebay due to pencil pushers cutting back monies for communications over the years.

The part on Albuquerque and radio monies is in the bottom. This may be the boost they needed to get the new phase 2E system they have been wanting as many I know there feel it is needed in communications, LE, Fire.

That said they have been also wanting VHF, 7/800 multi band for while and I think it'll happen as the 17 million will add to current funding to get the ball rolling on the new system they have wanted to go for.

Governor approves PTSD measure for firefighters

ChrisABQ

There was a piece in the news yesterday that Mayor Keller feels APD and AFR should all be able to communicate via a statewide radio system. Sounds like it could be on the new state P25 system that is slowly being rolled out. Would be a similar situation to Starcomm in Illinois. Bad news as this would surely all be encrypted.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
There was a piece in the news yesterday that Mayor Keller feels APD and AFR should all be able to communicate via a statewide radio system. Sounds like it could be on the new state P25 system that is slowly being rolled out. Would be a similar situation to Starcomm in Illinois. Bad news as this would surely all be encrypted.

Most likely. The state is building out as needed and wants to get counties on them to cover some costs. Being there was a lot of study on placement of sites they'll have very good coverage if they decide to do so.

Eventually that is the plan for the state wide system but it'll be time as they want more users on it and structure it as such so dispatch of state end can be heard by local agencies but yes the E was discussed before after a complete build out.

There is still a lot of hardware out there in the units that needs to be updated once that gets implemented. So it'll be some time.

I so find it interesting how the rotation of the Albuquerque and Santa fe sites will simulcast to a p25 phase 1 conventional channel and then dispatch removes the link and patch. I do know when a out of district unit goes in they will leave the patch up to the digital 700 conventional channel and also vhf. Seems at times someone forgets to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.