Algoma enc

Status
Not open for further replies.

East_Algoma

I suppose some joint ops going on , now on CISO3SURV1 3SURV1 - ZONE 3 - Algoma.

My 396 says ENC , tho no hiss as per what we would hear if it was ENC...didnt sound ENC...sounded like reg opp digital but almost like a picket fence sound.....Ill keep listening , I have the entire zone 3 in there plus all conv stuff as well...anything else guys I might add in case they move to a tg or a sim freq I may not have ?

Thx

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I suppose some joint ops going on , now on CISO3SURV1 3SURV1 - ZONE 3 - Algoma.

My 396 says ENC , tho no hiss as per what we would hear if it was ENC...didnt sound ENC...sounded like reg opp digital but almost like a picket fence sound.....Ill keep listening , I have the entire zone 3 in there plus all conv stuff as well...anything else guys I might add in case they move to a tg or a sim freq I may not have ?

Thx

I will add something: You shouldnt mention that you heard anything on the CISO or other of the usually encrypted talkgroups. Keep what you hear to yourself.

Some people here think that if people like you (and others here) mention CISO stuff or joint actions in a very public forum then the powers that be will see this and eventually add fuel to the fire in the encryption debate.

While I dont really believe that if 'scanner listener A can listen to CISO stuff then we better lobby for more encryption" you never know here who is a cop and you dont know if he might say anything to the powers that be.

I do believe, and a lot of people here will be on my side with this that there is no apparent reason for publically letting anyone know that you are hearing possibly important sensitive information.

Please do not make anything like this public here again, PM your buddies and enjoy what you hear discrete is elite.

East_Algoma

EJB : I agree with you 100% , I just wanted to make sure what I heard was ENC traffic , as I stated didnt sound ENC. I have never hard the OPP use ENC , and again just wanted some advise as to what it may sound like ( in case it does not sound like the normal ENC we are use to hearing )

I wont get into the debate of what is or what isnt a tool to use for ENC , as a former Police Board member I can assure many we never used this site or any site , to authorize the cost to ENC our units.
Im just pointing of EJB , that while some powers that be do lurk here , Im sure were ok...now live broadcasting of feeds into peoples phones , in anther matter all together , that would be a great cause to use ....just my 2 cents on ENC,,,

Thx EJB : I always enjoy your posts

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
If the radio says ENC then its encrypted even if it doesn't sound like encryption

The newer uniden radios (from 396T on + gre psr-800) block/quiet out the enc noise (in most cases) so that you don't hear all the annoting noise. Its not like the old radios that you just heard the enc.

Either way they can't be heard on any scanner (just pointing out for others)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
EJB : I agree with you 100% , I just wanted to make sure what I heard was ENC traffic , as I stated didnt sound ENC. I have never hard the OPP use ENC , and again just wanted some advise as to what it may sound like ( in case it does not sound like the normal ENC we are use to hearing )

I wont get into the debate of what is or what isnt a tool to use for ENC , as a former Police Board member I can assure many we never used this site or any site , to authorize the cost to ENC our units.
Im just pointing of EJB , that while some powers that be do lurk here , Im sure were ok...now live broadcasting of feeds into peoples phones , in anther matter all together , that would be a great cause to use ....just my 2 cents on ENC,,,

Thx EJB : I always enjoy your posts

Mr. Algoma: The audio feeds to smart phones is a totally different matter; like you said. My opinion on them carries no weight here.

I am guessing that if you mentioned that you saw on your scanner ENC without mentioning joint ops or specific activity it would be totally cool.

As for my posts, lol. thank you for the compliment, it has been a miserabel day for me today, had an MRI, lost medicine, works sucks... made me smile for a second.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Actually, on the 396T what I find is, if it`s ENC on the trunked system (say fleetnet) then you won`t hear it like you say, it`ll show up as ENC. But if it`s a conventional channel (say RCMP) then you will hear the ENC, can`t understand it, but you can hear it.

The newer uniden radios (from 396T on + gre psr-800) block/quiet out the enc noise (in most cases) so that you don't hear all the annoting noise. Its not like the old radios that you just heard the enc.

Status
Not open for further replies.