Almost total newb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdiphoto

This is for prospective owners.. ok I get that. I actually ordered, but it hasn't shipped yet (but any minute now unless I change it!)

I live in Winnebago County, Illinois. Police are using the Starcomm 25 / P25 digital system? am I saying that right? I'm a photographer that will be shooting for the local FIRE department. I can get calls (poor reception) on my 20+ year old bearcat scanner. So I wanted something better, digital, and that I could hear police because a unit of the police department is asking me to respond and do publicity photos for them as well...

SO... I ordered a Uniden BCD396XT:
The BCD396XT comes equipped with Uniden exclusive features like Advanced Dynamic Memory System, Close Call RF Capture Technology, and GPS compatibility.

TrunkTracker IV (Motorola APCO 25 Digital, Motorola, EDACS, LTR) - Lets you monitor all of the major types of communications systems used by public safety, local government, amateur radio operators, and more.

25000 Dynamically Allocated Channels - Room for all your local systems and more.

Close Call® RF Capture Technology - Instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters

Location-Based Scanning - Connect an optional GPS for automatic channel selection.

Continuous Band Coverage - 25MHz to 1.3GHz Excluding UHF TV and Cellular Alpha Tagging

100 Quick Key System Access

Band Scope - Graphically finds radio activity

Compact Size

Audio AGC

Automatic Digital Threshold Adjustment

Temporary Lockout - Lets you temporarily lockout noisy channels.

Search with Scan

NAC Decoding - for conventional P25 channels

DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode - Instantly Detects and Displays the Subaudible Tone So You Can Quickly
Determine the System Settings.

S.A.M.E. Weather Alert - Specific Area Message Encoding - During a NOAA Weather or Emergency Alert, a code for your specific location will alert you to severe conditions in your immediate area.

Fire Tone-Out

Multi-Colored Display Backlight

Public Safety Scanner

System / Channel Number Tagging - provides rapid access to a specific system or channel

Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head

Individual Channel Volume Offset

Priority ID Scan on trunked systems

Of course, I don't see it now, but some site somewhere I'm sure I read this is good for the Illinois Starcomm 25 system? Correct? idk what 99% of that description up there is talking about. I just want good clear calls so I can be there to get the photos the departments want. Will this do the job like I'm thinking it will? Any responses are GREATLY appreciated. :)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.